HP,Altiris Group

SATA ICH8M Drivers: Windows XP Driver Injection Script 

Nov 06, 2007 10:28 AM

I have taken the basis of a Microsoft workaround to take the out-of-the-box shipped XP IDE drivers to inject them into an image format to prevent the well recognized BSOD on boot-up. This simple script/ package will copy the required drivers into the correct area for XP to detect them and inject the required registry keys for the O/S to boot trouble free with SATA native mode enabled on the current generation of HP laptops. As later generations of the drivers are released I will try and keep this updated to include the new drivers. For more information related to this issue please refer to: http://www.symantec.com/connect/tech-tip/2274/hp-computers-and-the-new-sata-ich8m-drivers If you try this on a different model please add a post with the model machine you have tested this with. Tested models: HP 6910p HP 2510p HP 8910w HP 6400 Updated: There is a new revision of the chipset within the HP 6901p laptops. I have ammended the script to take into account of this new change and have uploaded it as MK2. I have created a ICH9 version of this script. please follow the link below for information. http://www.symantec.com/connect/download/3686/sata-ich9-drivers-windows-xp-driver-injection-script

License:AJSL
By clicking the download link below, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris Juice Software License
Support:User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.

Statistics
0 Favorited
2 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
IDE Driver Merge MK2.zip   453 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020
zip file
IDE Driver Merge.zip   243 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 24, 2008 07:00 AM

Please visit the page:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/community/download/6737/ich10-sata-injection-using-sysprep
I have got this working for the ICH10 chipset and beleive that if you just replace a few lines it should work for the ICH8&9.
Andy

Nov 22, 2008 10:00 PM

It Works on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.
Thanks.

Jan 30, 2008 01:30 PM

I have the Dell Optiplex 755 with the same issue. I have an image that works perfectly well as long as you set the controller to Legacy mode.
If you find a way to this with the ICH9R drivers, I would love to hear about it.

Nov 15, 2007 02:30 PM

I am having the same issue with the 755. Have you been able to create a fix for it? How did you do it for the HP's? I have seen a similar fix for the IBM/Lenovo machines.

Nov 07, 2007 05:03 AM

Unsupported chipsets:
ICH9D0
Model confirmed affected:
Dell Optiplex 755
(No other large brand supplier seems to use this chipset.)
I will be working with a contact with this model on site to release a verison that supports this chipset.

Nov 06, 2007 12:17 PM

Basically there are two ways you can approach this:
First way is to run the script post deployment, BUT you will have to disable SATA native mode before you can run this. This will take time per deployment and to date have not found a way of using the likes of Firm.exe to get around this.
The ideal way is to put your vanilla image onto a machine that is not affected by SATA either by disabling it or using an older generation. Boot to the OS and run the script once run then recapture the image and test on an affected machine.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.