Broadcom Customer Care

View Only

FAQ: CA Support Portal Update 

Jun 15, 2017 12:36 PM

Questions

Answers

Why are you changing the platform?

To Improve the Customer Experience. Our goal is to make your experience with self-service support easier and more effective by redesigning the current CA Support Online interface and integrating additional available Support resources.

When can I start using the new support portal? 

Beginning Saturday Aug 12at 1am EDT, users of support.ca.com will have access to a new experience. support.ca.com will unavailable from Friday, Aug 11 at 9 pm until Saturday, Aug 12 at 1am. If you need assistance during this time, please call 1-800-225-5224. From outside North America, find your local phone number at ca.com/phone.

Will I still have access to the old support site? 

No.

Will I have access to my old case files?

Yes. Access to the case files will follow the same time frame as current system. Once a case is closed, the files are available for 30 days.

What if I don’t have access to the new support portal?

Contact Customer Care

What if I have questions about the new support portal or its functionality?

Visit the Customer Care Community for all your Support Portal Questions as well search for content.

I’m logged in to support.ca.com, but I do not see my product list

Contact Customer Care

Will I be able to re-open a case that was opened in the former system? 

Yes

Will my account be transferred to the new site or will I have to register?

Yes. Your login into the new portal should be seamless.

Will the new portal remember my settings for subscriptions, product list, preferred contact method, display etc.?

Your profile preferences for subscriptions and preferred contact method will remain. The “My Products” list will no longer be required as there will be significant improvements in this area in remembering your activity.

Where can I view Release and Support Lifecycle Dates for my product?

Login to support.ca.com – Go to News/Alerts section on the right-hand side of the page

Will there be changes to registration processes?

No. Support registration will remain the same as it is today.

Will I be able to create my site profile and attach files to it?

No.  As an alternative, CA Remote Engineer 4.0 is a free product to customers which can gather Product Installation information including, location, installation type, configuration information automatically. For more details, documentation and download go to https://RemoteEngineer.ca.com.

You can then view your Product Installation information on our Community.  CA Support can utilize this information to better understand your environment for quicker resolutions of a problem.

Will I be able to access my Site Profile and Site Profile Attachments on the new Support Portal?

You will need to contact Customer Care for your profile. However, you can download your attachments using these FTP instructions when new portal goes live.

When the Support Portal changes go live, will current active projects and associated cases be migrated?

Yes.

Can I still create a project?

No. On initial launch of new Portal you can contact Customer Care or a Services team member to request a project created on your behalf. Once its created and you are made the Project Manager you will be able maintain the Project and team members.

What browsers and versions will be supported for the Portal?

We recommend using the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 11 and above. CA Support is using these to test and validate CA Support Online.

Will the same guidelines apply when submitting documentation to Support Online case?

Yes.

Where can I find documentation for previous releases of their CA Products?

Documentation for previous releases of CA product are accessible from CA Technologies Documentation. Select the Bookshelves and PDFs link to search by product name.

How do I get to the Compatibilities page?

Compatibilities and product lifecycle information are now available via a new page accessible from the Alerts section on the Support Portal home page.  The new page provides links to:

• Mainframe compatibility page
  • Instructions for Distributed compatibility info
  • Lifecycle index

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Oct 24, 2017 08:09 PM

It has been fixed for me with IE 11

Oct 24, 2017 07:54 AM

Hi Remko,

Thanks for your reply and screenshot. I have just been informed that the problem with IE should be resolved and you should also be able to access from IE without any issues.

Thanks,

Elke

Oct 24, 2017 06:13 AM

Hi Elke,

Same problem here. It seems we have an outdated version of Internet Explorer (11), that does not work with the new Portal... Once I switch to Google Chrome, every seems to work ok.

Looks something like this:

Greetings,

Remko

Oct 24, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi Chris,

This week we have received similar reports of other users. Could you tell me if you are getting a specific error message and could you send me a screenshot of what you see?

This would help to investigate the possible cause.

Thanks,

Elke

Oct 24, 2017 04:45 AM

I don't know about Netegrity, I'd prefer to have TCC back - at least you could find things on that. (Currently I can't even logon to this Fine Piece Of Software, which is going to make my day such a joy.)

Aug 16, 2017 10:00 PM

Congratulations CA, it has been 25 yrs of Internet and you still have not figured out Download and Search. No rush, anytime before I retire    Suggestion: bring the good old Netegrity portal back.

Aug 16, 2017 09:17 AM

I was a beta-tester and communicated this concern multiple times, to no avail, sadly.

Consider that today there are CA software PRODUCTs (families) with multiple COMPONENTs and those COMPONENTs are not necessarily supported by one team/CA-office...some of that "history" dates backwards more than a decade where in CA's internal-system TOPS, the licensing has moved a product up-the-chain but CA has not taken time/effort to divorce the CA SMF DIRECTOR software from its predecessor CA JARS FAMILY association.

Same for CA MICS - there are 20+ components that need identification when a SUPPORT case is opened.

I clearly explained this and have done so with previous beta-initiatives where it was discussed about collapsing PRODUCT/COMPONENT, to who's benefit is beyond evidence.

Now CA tech teams and clients/users/admins must deal with this decision.

And it goes beyond this one DEFECT, as listed below:

-- cannot click thru to a SOLUTION (message received consistently, INVALID APAR).

-- replacement CA FILE MANAGER used with CSO-replacement broken.

-- VIEW-CASE opens in same browser window, not a new window as before.

-- no longer able to PRINT case details (consider that was just added in the last year or less!)

Trust me that my "CSO-replacement experience" is unsatisfactory and has become a time-waster.  And we have made every effort to communicate to CA-internal personnel, without much assurance that these concerns are going to be addressed anytime soon!

Scott Barry

SBBWorks, Inc.

Aug 15, 2017 11:14 AM

What happened to bookmarks (on cases)?

Note: What I'd really like to be able to do is "watch" a case (opened by someone else) so that I get notifications of activity just like if I had been the one to open the case.

Aug 14, 2017 11:06 AM

Hi Scott,

The intent behind this change was to improve the experience for our customers and not expose them to the level of detail that can sometimes be confusing if you don't know the products and components. I would suggest possibly seeing how this new process works and if your cases are adversely impacted or not. We are focussed on improving the Customer Experience so if you feel this is problematic, please leverage the Ideation area on this Customer Care Community to make recommendation.

Regards,

Colleen

Aug 14, 2017 10:57 AM

It's unfortunate to see the CA PRODUCT / COMPONENT hierarchy collapsed/removed with the CSO-replacement over the weekend, even though very detailed feedback was provided by early-testers (client/user side).....  Consider that this change is going to be impactful, not just to the client/user community of CSO but also the CA technical support staff which now must often review case-update text/content in order to identify the particular CA "component" associated with a case within the "product family".

Scott Barry

SBBWorks, Inc.

Aug 08, 2017 11:44 PM

> If I know the number of a closed case, will I be able to see the case detail for longer than 30 days?

Yes.There is no change to being able to see your issue history - all of the issue notes and so on:

"Yes. Access to the case files will follow the same time frame as current system."

As to the file attachments, I would read that as being a minimum automatic retention period, just as currently.

Kyle_R.

Aug 08, 2017 06:16 PM

I currently have access to cases, along with their attachments, opened, and presumably closed, as far back as 2014 although a number appear to be missing.  I would prefer a longer history as many of the answers do not make it into CA documentation leaving the case as the only source of the information about the issue. 

If I know the number of a closed case, will I be able to see the case detail for longer than 30 days?

Jun 20, 2017 10:56 AM

Yes it will. Additionally more than likely we will also share this within event in the other product communities as well. We are in the midst of planning this activity post go live.

Thank you for your questions. Good stuff!!

Jun 20, 2017 10:44 AM

Thanks, will the webcast & office hours schedule be posted in the customer care community?

Jun 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Hi Phil,

Good question. So we are planning a Webcast after we go live where folks can listen and ask questions on the Chat. Similarly but with no audio, the office hours we will have folks available to answer live questions related to the support portal roll out.

Regards,

Colleen

Jun 20, 2017 09:56 AM

Can you please tell me how the "office hours" program works?   

Jun 20, 2017 08:16 AM

Hi Phil,

Yes. There will be some additional videos coming soon to highlight the updates being made. We will also be holding some office hours right after we launch to answer any questions.

Regards,

Colleen

Jun 20, 2017 07:54 AM

Hi Colleen, Is there going to be a pesentation/video to review the changes?  Thanks, Phil

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.