Scotland Endpoint Management User Group

Symantec IT Management Suite 8.5 Deep Dive 

Oct 31, 2018 09:13 PM

Deep dive of the new features in IT Management Suite 8.5 as covered at our Technical Workshop in Chicago such as:

• Time Critical Management – Data is collected on demand and in real time for immediate intelligence that helps make more informed security decisions, faster.
  • Endpoint Quarantine – Endpoints that fail to pass a compliance scan can be blocked from the network through direct SEP integration, helping prevent the spread of endpoint vulnerabilities such as WannaCry.
  • Automated Vulnerability-based Scanning and Remediation – Integration with Control Compliance Suite Vulnerability Manager scans for vulnerabilities and automatically delivers patches to online endpoints that need remediation.
  • Modern UI Workspaces – New, modern UI for performing common daily tasks designed for simplicity and speed, allowing technicians with little or no experience to utilize the power of ITMS without special training.

To learn more about this:

Learn more about IT Management Suite 8.5

Download the slides and watch videos of the other sessions from our Technical Workshop in Chicago!

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
3 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
What's New in ITMS 8.5.pdf   8.33 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 21, 2018 02:39 PM

Really enjoyed the videos posted, thank you so much for sharing for those of us that couldn't be there.

Not sure if this is ok to post here, but I had a few questions:

• It was mentioned the initial settings policy is equired for DS customers, does that include ITMS/CMS customers that they must also enable it after upgrading from 8.1?
  • Persistent connection (for time critical management), is that enabled by default after upgrade?
  • Regarding the new conditional restart "restart computer only if it is pending reboot" - can you help me understand why this helps software install success rates?  I understand software installs fail if reboot is pending, so is this new conditional restart meant to be ran before a software install, but then wouldn't that restart disrupt users, or is it meant for after hours installs?  
  • Software portal notification options when requested app is installed is awesome.  Did I see a hint that software installs also start quicker than in 8.1 where I think there's a 5 minute delay before the requested install begins (assuming it's pre approved)?

Thanks again!

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.