Endpoint Management Solutions Beta Community

ITMS 7.1 Beta - Coming October 13, 2010 5:00 pm MDT 

10-10-2010 03:56 PM

The Altiris products team is pleased to announce the start of the Altiris IT Management Suite 7.1 beta. ITMS 7.1 contains some great new capabilities including integrated data analysis (“IT Analytics”), new console views for more effective and responsive software, license, task/job and computer management, expanded hardware independent imaging support, and more.

The beta will be posted on October 13, 5:00pm MDT and will run through December 13th. A beta guide including setup and system requirements, a detailed listing of new functionality, and other useful information will be provided as well as test scenarios for the following areas of focus:

• Installation (64-bit notification server)
  • Deployment
  • Software Management
  • Upgrade/migration (use scenarios and detailed information posted mid-November)

The beta software and accompanying documentation and test scenarios will be posted to the beta site on Symantec Connect. The beta site will serve as the place to submit feedback and questions.

Thank you for your interest and support of the Altiris ITMS 7.1 beta.

Please register at the ITMS 7.1 (Hampton) Beta  site if you are not already registered. Approvals will begin shortly with download files coming on October 13th.

Regards,

Susan Keller & Altiris Beta Team

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

11-19-2010 12:57 PM

Hi,

I was wondering how I could install Altiris ITMS 7.1 from Symantec Installation Manager. I do not see it listed as a choice and am starting to think they it was removed? Any information you can provide is appreciated and I hope that I can still get it installed to test.

Thank you

Andrew Fichera

10-10-2010 07:02 PM

Hello, coming back Barcelona, it seems Symantec does the Same Microsoft:

• Vista = windows 6.0 [a good try, but must jump over]
  • Windows 7 = Windows 6.1 [best choice]

Symantec build the 7.0 (good visions, good tries, a few bugs...) and release the 7.1 !

I do encourage Symantec to open a lot of people to access the "beta", and provide efficient "bug" hunting & kill. You should think a way to pay-back the end-users discovering a new bug, all the same in a Beta (And removed from the Quality Reviewers bonus !!! I joke... "quoique" (although...)

Do not provide any final release date before the "beta" was becoming "stable" enough ! (And only 2-3 months after the Beta available, more credible...)

Please do not let your SE's team, taking a go decision to switch "beta" to a "final", like seems to were the case for the DS 7.1 :-(

I am really impatient, to see the ITMS 7.1 in production, bu I prefer later than (too much) bugged (... there allways bugs :)

I also congratulate this time the fact you avoid to provide a CMS 7.1, without the CMDB/AMS 7.1 !! As it was the case for CMS 7.0, coming 6 months before the AMS 7.0, without any connector "in-the-box", nor "out-of-the-box", for allowing import AMS6 from a CMS7 :-(

So I wish a great Welcome to ITMS 7.1, and if the preview I see is representative, we will all benefits a new ergonomic interface, directly from the DS 6.9 concept, with a few improvements (more than bugs I hope...) - My best thinking to the parents this baby.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.