Michigan Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Updating Group Membership in Barcode Solution

Posted Jun 13, 2013 10:24 AM

I have created a couple barcode synchronization profiles to help drive our asset management process at two different site locations. The core of these profiles relies on Group Membership by Location to pull in all resources (i.e., computers, printers, infrastructure devices, etc.) for each location. For the most part, this works pretty well.

An issue arises when we enter new assets into the system. Records are built in the CMDB and the delta resource membership update synchronizes the devices to their respective locations (browsable in the organizational views). The problem is the resource list in the barcode solution profile, that references the Group Membership by Location, does not automatically update. The whole point of using organizational views and filters is to take advantage of automatic group membership. How, then, do I get the resource list in the barcode solution profile to stay uo-to-date when resource memberships are updated?

• 2.  RE: Updating Group Membership in Barcode Solution

Posted Dec 09, 2013 08:59 AM

Are you saying that the target which is associated with your synchronization profile is not having its membership updated by the Delta Resource Membership Update action?

What version of Barcode and SMP are you using?