Asset Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  on one of the child server Inventory collected count is not at all increasing

Posted Feb 04, 2020 04:55 AM

Hi All ,

On one of the child server Inventory collected count (408) is not at all increasing as there is some problem with Inventory plug in install policy 

Kindly suggest what to do to troubleshoot this issue as the count of All Comp without Inventory Plug in is not getting decreased & it's fixed on that count only i.e 3785.

• 2.  RE: on one of the child server Inventory collected count is not at all increasing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2020 05:41 AM
    1. Open Altiris Log Viewer on your Notification Server and check whether there are messages about failed nse processing or nse queue is full.
    2. You have enough license nodes for Inventory Solution product?
    3. Check you managed clients Health State (SMP Console -> Manage -> Computers -> click on "All Computers" on left below section)

• 3.  RE: on one of the child server Inventory collected count is not at all increasing

Posted Feb 05, 2020 06:47 AM

Hi Igor ,

Thanks for your reply . PFB the images from my server end 

I have checked  Altiris Log Viewer on my Notification Server and found that there are no messages about failed nse processing or nse queue is full.

Kindly tell me what else do i check to resolve the issue . 

Also can u plz take remote session to look into this once it would be a great help .

• 4.  RE: on one of the child server Inventory collected count is not at all increasing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2020 07:21 AM

Well, I would check other things like:

1. On "Agent Health" summary page, click on 'Configuration Requests" field on '28%" red colored to indetify how much computers aren't communicating with NS

2. Open "Inventory Plug-in Install" rollout policy in Console which is managed by Parent NS server and mouse double click on its 'resource target' "All Computers without inventory Plug-in" there -> dialog appears with rule conditions of filters, etc, click update and check list of computers there (try to remember name of one of client pc from this computer list of resource target, then find this computer in "All Computers" filter -> mouse right click menu on it -> Resource Manager -> on "Resource Manager" page, click on "View" -> "Events" ->  check "AeX SWD Execution" -> there you will see whether it even tried to install Inventory Plug-in or not or if yes but with failure, then you will see there 'error code' of installation

3. If you will find affected client computer where Inventory Plug-in isn't installed or installation was failed, try to manually install Inventory Agent there:

Take required msi (x86 or x64) from your NS server machine, upload it to affected client PC and try to install it manually

Or create a Quick Delivery task or Managed Delivery policy and include there Inventory Agent installation package & schedule it on computers where Inventory Agent isn't installed as resource target (If you have Software Management Solution product installed and Software Management Solution Agent is installed on client computers).