United Kingdom Endpoint Management User Group

View Only

NSE Failed events: The target item for the client message does not exist

• 1.  NSE Failed events: The target item for the client message does not exist

Posted Apr 30, 2020 06:28 AM

Hi everyone!

Over the past few weeks my 8.5 RU3 server log has been getting a lot of errors similar to the one below:

NSE dispatch failed for: id=4159715, from: 0523e7f7-dc8d-4e9a-be67-e0f24ef79b57, to: 7d56dbe9-b09c-42ec-8f5f-27c43371eb0c

The target item for the client message does not exist: from: 0523e7f7-dc8d-4e9a-be67-e0f24ef79b57, to: 7d56dbe9-b09c-42ec-8f5f-27c43371eb0c

[Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.UnresolvableHandlerException @ Altiris.NS]

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.DispatchWithinContext(Int32 eventQueueId, String message, Boolean useFilename, Int64 fileSize, Int64 eventId, MessageHeader header)

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.TryDispatch(Int32 eventQueueId, String message, Boolean useFilename, Int64 fileSize, Int64 eventId)

Exception logged from:

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.TryDispatch(Int32, String, Boolean, Int64, Int64)

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.PerformDispatch(Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher+DispatchSlot, Boolean&)

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.WorkerDispatchStep(Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher+DispatchSlot, Altiris.Common.Threading.IAutoCallContextSnapshot)

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.PerformDispatchSlotLoop(Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher+DispatchSlot, String&)

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.PerformDispatchSlotLoop(Altiris.NS.Logging.EventLog+IMeasureOperation, Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher+DispatchSlot)

at Altiris.NS.ClientMessaging.EventQueueDispatcher.DispatchSlotThreadProc(Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object)

The "To" GUID is always the same so I assume it is something that has been deleted or removed, that is still running as a policy?

Any idea how I find out what it was/is or how I remediate?

Thanks,

Chris.

------------------------------
    Keele University
    ------------------------------