Reporting Group

View Only
  • 1.  Report for Target not filter not collection

Posted Sep 29, 2020 05:08 PM
    I have a TARGET in which I have Orphan computers.  I am trying to select just the Target which contains computers that are not associated with any organizational group.

I would like to select these computers and put them into an organizational group call Pre-Move.

Once that group is populated with the Orphan computer it has an automated policy that moves the computers into the correct organizational group based on a key from the registry of the computer.

I have tried using the collection / filter SQL queries but they do not seem to address TARGETs.

------------------------------
    Growmark| Inc

• 2.  RE: Report for Target not filter not collection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2020 05:30 PM
    If I understand correctly.  You have a Target that has the computers that you want to move to an Organization Group called "Pre-move".  Is that correct?

If you are just looking for a one-time way to move them you could highlight all of the computers in the target and use the right-click option "Add to Organization Group" then select your desired group.

If you are looking for an ongoing process you could use something like the following sql inside a job that would populate a list for the Assign to Organizational Group task.

--NOTE: The sql was pulled from spGetResourceTargetsMembers as a reference--
    select distinct rtmc.ResourceGuid as [Guid]
    FROM ResourceTargetMembershipCache rtmc
    INNER JOIN fnGuidStrToGuidTab('GUID OF YOUR TARGET HERE') tgt
    ON rtmc.ResourceTargetGuid = tgt.[ui]

This KB provides the basic steps in case you are not familiar with that process.
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/178901/how-can-i-create-an-automation-policy-to.html

Please clarify if I misunderstood what you are looking for.

Systems Engineer
    Broadcom