Endpoint Management Solutions Beta Community

Expand all | Collapse all

"An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

• 1.  "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-10-2015 07:52 PM

Hi, All

I have an error, such as a picture.

It appears when only click Manage > Computers.

Manage > Software, Manage > Policies and Manage > Jobs and Tasks is not an error has occurred.

Activity Console error.jpg

The contens of the log when this error occurs.

<event date="07/30/2015 10:10:43.7162525 +09:00" severity="1" hostName="SEL-CMS-01" source="Altiris.ClientTask.Server.RemoteClientTaskManager.OnAcceptClientConnection" module="AtrsHost.exe" process="AtrsHost" pid="6820" thread="48" tickCount="141514013"><![CDATA[Error processing incoming tickle connection.
    Unable to add socket watcher: Socket is closed.
       [System.Exception @ Altiris.DotNetLib]
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SocketWatchThread.AddWatch(SocketWatchEntry entry)
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SocketWatch.AddWatch(Socket socket, SocketEventCallback callback)
       at Altiris.ClientTask.Server.RemoteClientTaskManager.OnAcceptClientConnection(Socket newSocket)

Exception logged from: 
       at Altiris.Diagnostics.Logging.EventLog.ReportException(Int32 severity, String strMessage, String category, Exception exception, String footer)
       at Altiris.TaskManagement.Logging.AltirisServerLog.ReportException(String moduleName, String source, Exception handledException, String message, Object[] arguments)
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Logging.AtrsLog.ReportExceptionWithSource(String source, Exception handledException, String message, Object[] arguments)
       at Altiris.ClientTask.Server.RemoteClientTaskManager.OnAcceptClientConnection(Socket newSocket)
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SocketConnectionAcceptor.AcceptConnectionThread()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please help me.

Best Regards.

Jaeheung

• 2.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-16-2015 09:14 AM

That error is not related to tis issue.  Try enabling all logging options via the LogViewer to see if a debug entry mentions the error message displayed in the console. 

If you go to Manage > Filters, are computer resource displayed in the AllComputers filter?

• 3.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-17-2015 04:16 PM

Hi Dany_Kim

SK is right. The error message posted is not related to the error you are seeing.

I´ve seen this error (screenshot) multiple times and it can be resolved using this KB: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH230649.

To make sure you are seeing the exact same error message, compare your log with the error messages in the KB above.

Hope that solves the Problem

Network23

• 4.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-18-2015 03:47 AM

I`ve the samew problem

• 5.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-18-2015 05:09 AM

Hi motorvip,

Can you please post the Log File?

Network23

• 6.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-18-2015 08:39 AM

As far as I see, there is a mention in log but this log isn't related to ECV page load at all:

Unable to add socket watcher: Socket is closed.

1. This problem has occured only now and previously it worked correctly?
    2. Did you try to disable McAfeee - restart Altiris services and then refresh this page?
    3. Check that WCF Services are installed and do you have more than 1 http and https binding in your web site?

WCF_.jpg

4. What version of Microsoft Silverlight you have on NS? I have 5.1.40728.0 and don't have  such               problems to see computers, etc.

If problem still occurs, then best way will be is to open Altiris Profiler and collect log output, when this error occurs.

Thanks,

IP.

• 7.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 08-18-2015 12:29 PM

Hi Dany,

I had the same issue after upgrading to 7.6 from 7.5SP1. It ended up to be permission issue with the new filters/targets added by 7.6. Try changing the permissions on the favorite Filters and Targets group and see if it fixes it.  

• 8.  RE: "An Error has occurred that prevents the data displaying" in SMP Console

Posted 09-02-2015 09:40 AM

Hi Dany,

The issue seems to be fixed with the release of 7.6 HF4. Take a look at the relase notes at page 17.

Delete_Permissions.png

Network23