Wisconsin Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  March 16th Location and Agenda

Posted Jan 23, 2012 12:43 PM

The two most requested topics from the last meeting survey are License Compliance and IT Process Automation.  We spent some time on licensing at our second meeting.  It also came up at the last meeting when Jim went over some of the low hanging fruit you could hit with AMS.  Is there something specific that you'd be interested in having discussed?  I have a feeling that this will definitely be a Symantec-run agenda item.

For IT Process Automation we had discussed maybe having our ServiceDesk guy come with to discuss what we've done, but there's very little that we've done outside of the core service catalog.  Would you like to see if Symantec can compile a list of work that other customers have done with Workflow?  Perhaps a Workflow overview would be helpful for some people if they are not familar with what it is and what you can use it for.

If we have a third agenda item it should probably be a presentation on Mobile Management, which tied for 3rd on the survey.  I think we're overdue for a discussion on Mobile.

Monitor Solution was called out specifically a few times.  Server Management was in a tie for 4th on the survey, but I'd be cooling with doing a presentation on Monitor Solution and what we're doing with it, if there's enough interest.  We might circle back to that one in July.

Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: March 16th Location and Agenda

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:24 PM

Agenda:  Regarding licensing and AMS, it might be nice to see a demo of license metering and how some might be utilizing software virtualization with this.

Seeing how you are utilizing ServiceDesk in your environment might be nice.  But I do like the idea of seeing what other companies are doing with the workflow.

I am definitely interested in the Monitor solution, but if need be, agree it might be best to push that back until the next meeting as we don't want to overload the agenda and it is always nice to be able to network and/or have a free discussion amongst the group as we have in the past.

• 3.  RE: March 16th Location and Agenda

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:51 PM

I put "Location" in the subject line and then forget to mention it.  I don't recall deciding on the next location, but I could be wrong.  I would glady host in Wausau if people were willing to make the trip.

Discussing our implementation of ServiceDesk might not be the best thing right now.  Because of the changes in SP2, and additional changes coming next year, we're going to need to rebuild our SD system twice.  Actually, these upcoming changes in ServiceDesk might be something worth discussing at the meeting.

If anyone in the group is looking to move to ServiceDesk you should consider holding off until you understand what the upgrade path looks like.