IT Consultant Group

View Only
  • 1.  How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 06:50 AM

Dear Symantec,

I am migrating from HD6.0 to SD 7.5 (SP1) and the number of Incidents in HD6 is up to 200,000, so the ticket numbers will finish about here.

I need the Incident Number to start at a number such as IM-300000, to save confusion between the old and new systems.

Does anyone know how to set the initial number for this? I have had a look through the database and cannot find table that contains this value. I know that the template for the number format is help in the workflows themselves, but I cannot find the table that gives me the next process number.

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 2.  RE: How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 05, 2014 08:40 AM

The ReportProcessGenerator table will have a [type] value of "IM-". On this row, set the [LastUsedIdentity] to one less than where you want to start counting from. I did this when migrating from 7.1 to 7.5 so that there would be no gap and it's been fine since then, so it should work for you as well.

I'm reasonable sure that if you don't have "IM-", which would be the case if you haven't run an incident yet, you can manually create it.

• 3.  RE: How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2014 09:38 AM

Yes if the IM- entry doesn't exist in the table already simply create it providing the necessary fields. 

• 4.  RE: How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 10:24 AM

Thanks Michael! Perfect!

• 5.  RE: How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 09:34 AM

I don't see how this works. In my ReportProcessorGenerator table I have rows for each incident that may be in the system. It has 3 columns: ReportProcessorGeneratorID, Type and LastUsedIdentity. If I want to make my next incident start at 16000 and I add a row and make Type be IM-016000 and LastUsedIdentity to be 15999 would that mean the next incident should be 16000? It doesn't seem to work that way. I must be missing something here.

• 6.  RE: How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 09:37 AM

And nevermind. I see what I was doing wrong....Row 1 has the pieces I need to change!

• 7.  RE: How do you reset the Incident Management number to start at a higher number in SD7.5?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 09:39 AM

You don't have to worry about making a row for IM-016000. You simply need to make sure that the row that has the Type field defined as IM- is updated to contain a LastUsedIdentity field of 15999. Then the next time an incident is created the system will read the LastUsedIdentity field of 15999, increment it by 1, and provide Incident Management with a ProcessID of IM-016000.