Discovery and Inventory Group

View Only
  • 1.  Asset information

Posted Jun 14, 2017 06:23 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to get a report which will tell a machine has audio/video capabilities. I checked with different tables in inventory but no luck. Is this possible with the std tables that we have in the database?  I can proceed with custom inventory collection but before that I would like to check with you all.

Your reply, greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Asset information

Posted Jun 14, 2017 08:13 AM

Hi ssv1984.

What kind of informations do you need? Could you be more specific?

Anyway, you can see what informations you already collected going to the Resource Manager. After that click on "View > Inventory" and check the information.

When you find the information, click on Status tab and take note which table the information was writen. To your need maybe you can find in Disk controller, sound device and Video Controller Windows tables.

VideoSound.jpg

Regards,

• 3.  RE: Asset information

Posted Jun 14, 2017 09:17 AM

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the reply.

We where able to check the tables to collect information of "Video processor" and "Audio driver details". Also we where able to collect information from Inv_HW_Sound_Device and Inv_HW_Video_Controller_Windows ( Igor Perevozchikov helped me with few tables to get the detail) I see the device ID details for audio as "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0292&SUBSYS_102805CA&REV_1000\4&136E2CAC&0&0001" and for device ID for video as "Videocontroller1".

when a machine has these information, you mean to say "machines has the audio and video capabalities"?

the inventory information expected here is, audio/video capabality (yes/no) kind of

Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: Asset information

Posted Jun 16, 2017 01:29 PM

I think so.

To check this out, I suggest you to turn on a machine withou audio capabilities and do the test.

I've never done this test before too. Could you post the test results later?

Thanks in advance.

• 5.  RE: Asset information
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2017 09:59 AM
    • Specifying here offline discussion information regarding this case by ssv1984 request.

This information can be found in "Inventory Solution" dataclasses/views.
    At least there are "Inv_HW_Sound_Device" and "Inv_HW_Video_Controller_Windows" sql tables

here is simple query to see which asset has inventory data for video or audio hw

SELECT DISTINCT
    vc.Guid,
    vc.Name,
    vc.Domain,
    vc.[User],
    vc.[OS Name],
    vc.[IP Address],
    vc.IsManaged,
    sd.[Device ID],
    vd.[Device ID]

FROM vComputerAnyStatus vc
    JOIN Inv_HW_Sound_Device sd
    ON vc.Guid = sd._ResourceGuid
    JOIN Inv_HW_Video_Controller_Windows vd
    ON vc.Guid = vd._ResourceGuid
    WHERE
    sd.[Device ID] != ''
    OR vd.[Device ID] != ''

ORDER BY vc.Name
    ASC

Query shows resources which have audio or video hw data. Pay attention that some of resources might have Inventory Agent (or without Inventory Agent) installed but haven't done an inventory scan so they will not be shown in this query output.

• 6.  RE: Asset information

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:52 AM

Thank you Igor :)