Discovery and Inventory Group

View Only
  • 1.  Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 03, 2012 10:01 PM

For the love of god, does anyone know when the licensing in Asset Management is due to be fixed? I mean this - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166149

Is impacting my sanity on a regular basis, is unbelievable that this was not fixed in SP2.

Justin

• 2.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2012 01:59 AM

see the following document:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166149

• 3.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 04, 2012 02:07 AM

Hi Triinu,

is the AMS license, not the CMDB one - we've added that CMDB lic already, as far as I'm aware it does not relieve the AMS issue (am editing lease contracts, not assets)

rgrds

Justin

• 4.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 05, 2012 08:20 AM

Hi There,

Can you try below steps I am sure either one should work for this:

1.     Removed the role Symantec Administrator for the user and set the role Asset Manager/Cmdb Manager

2.     Deleted the user account and did an import of the user from the AD and assign that account to the role Symantec administrator

Regards,

Alim Shaikh

• 5.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 06, 2012 03:04 AM

Hello Justin,

I have had similar issue you have mentioned. I was able to workaround the issue after restarting Altiris service few times (four - five times) and refreshing the browser.  I am not sure if this workaround is feasible in your case but sharing this if it could be of some help for you.

Thanks,

~Abhishek

• 6.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 06, 2012 10:24 AM

Yes, this is similar to the "wait 10 minutes" fix.  If you get an error while using CMDB, pause what you are doing and come back to it after 10 minutes.  The license that was accidentally held is now released and you can continue in your work.

And yes, it's very frustrating.

• 7.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 08, 2012 09:03 PM

Thanks all, yeah re-starting the service is not really an option.

Maybe in SP3...

regards,

Justin

• 8.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2012 01:21 AM

Hi Justin,
    looks like the issue with asset licenses is fixed in our next (7.5) release.

Regards,
    Triinu

• 9.  RE: Known Issue: Error: License Count for CMDB/Asset Management Solution has been exceeded. Licenses owned:1, in use:1

Posted Jul 25, 2012 12:09 PM

According to a slide deck from Vision 2012 in May, the CMDB license is removed from the 7.5 release.  Since no license is required, your issue will definitey be resolved.