Discovery and Inventory Group

View Only
  • 1.  Assets with Status Changes

Posted Feb 13, 2013 09:15 AM

I am trying to create a report that lists all assets with status changes.  I could have sworn that there was an out of the box report that was available but I'm not able to find it in my configuration.  While I continue to work on the report, I was hoping that someone might have run across this as well and might be able to help me out a little.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Assets with Status Changes

Posted Feb 14, 2013 04:21 AM

Please let me know if my understanding is correct. You are looking for a report which lists all the assets whose status has been changed i.e. a report which will list all the assets with their earlier and present status.

• 3.  RE: Assets with Status Changes

Posted Feb 14, 2013 08:39 AM

Yes, I want a list of assets that have had a status changed.  I have a rule that takes any computer that has not reported a basic inventory in 90 days and set it to retired.  I know that if one of those computers suddenly finds it's way back on to the network, it's asset status will change back to active.  i'd like a report that shows all assets that have had a status change in the past X number of days to keep an eye on those machines.  Does that make sense?  I know that I can check a data class for the last time it was modified but I'm having a hard time tracking that down.  

• 4.  RE: Assets with Status Changes
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Take a look at the following KB article titled How does an asset's Status work?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO59823

The very last query in the article will provide the date of the last status change.  All you need to do is add a condition to return only those assets with changes in the last 90 days.

• 5.  RE: Assets with Status Changes

Posted Feb 14, 2013 11:56 AM

Funny, I opened that link the other day and never looked at it.  That is exactly what i'm looking for.  Thank you very much.