Michigan Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  File inventories

Posted Nov 18, 2014 09:49 AM

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or missing a step but I cannot seem to get any information on additional files when adding other file types to the inventory policies.  We are running SMP 7.1 patched to current.  Here is an example of what I'm doing:

Capture.PNG

The folder that has these files in it is in Program Files and not excluded.  If I put a new EXE in the same folder it finds that but never gets the new .XMX files.  I've tried FileName = XMX, .XMX, &.XMX, *.XMX and this does not work either.  I've tried FileType contains External, %External% and *External* and still nothing.  And this is not even the files I am looking for, LOL.  I'm actually trying to inventory Forest & Trees .FTV files but the "&" in the File Type name seems to blow up the above and I cannot enter it.  Tried all the same permutations above and still nothing.  What am I doing wrong?  Does this just not work?

• 2.  RE: File inventories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2014 02:00 PM

Hi!

Otherwise, you have another custom file inventory rules, which are working correctly, but only this one doesn't work as expected?

Maybe this KB will be useful

Thanks,

IP.