Patch Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Installing Office365 semi-annual updates

Posted Jul 06, 2017 05:28 AM

Hello,

According to https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.DOC9673.html, 8.0 HF6 and later versions support Office365 updates in Patch Management solution.

My questions are:

1. Are the so called semi-annual updates supported too ? Those are equivalent of Windows 10 feature packs.

2. Our Office ProPlus package supports 18 languages such as Hungarian, Czech. Those are not available in PM settings. Does that mean the users will not receive the updates ?
    For Office 2016 it was not an issue, because it was always English with the corresponding MUI pack.

Thanks,

Tomasz

• 2.  RE: Installing Office365 semi-annual updates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi Tomasz,

yes, all three channels of Office 365 are supported: Monthly Channel, Semi-Annual Channel, Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted).
    Please note that only the latest release is currently supported within Semi-Annual Channel.

These languages are not supported out-of-box at the moment but support would be able to provide you with SQL script to enable them specifically for Office 365 updates.

• 3.  RE: Installing Office365 semi-annual updates

Posted Nov 27, 2017 07:34 AM

Thanks Dmitri,

I found the following kb https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH246456.embed.html meanwhile.  The downside of the workaround is "Note: The changes will be lost on Repair/reconfigure or upgrade of Patch Management Solution." :-(

It is also problematic if you have a couple child NS servers in hierarchy and you do not wish to enable all languages in all regions. In such scenario the sql commands will be different, which is another hassle.

At  the moment we support the following locales:

pl-PL
    nl-NL
    fr-FR
    de-DE
    es-CL
    nb-NO
    fi-FI
    de-AT
    hu-HU
    en-US
    es-MX
    zh-CN
    it-IT
    es-ES
    es-AR
    vi-VN
    ro-RO
    ja-JP
    pt-BR
    en-GB
    en-CA
    de-CH
    da-DK
    cs-CZ
    en-MY
    sv-SE
    en-IN

I am going to contact support  and ask the sql command

Tomasz

• 4.  RE: Installing Office365 semi-annual updates

Posted Nov 28, 2017 07:50 AM

Hi Dmitri,

In the post above you said "support would be able to provide you with SQL script to enable them specifically for Office 365 updates."

I contacted the support and asked them for sql validation 3 time. Their official response was: "Due to custom code, please have your Database Administrator validate the SQL changes for syntax and configuration management/change control documentation.Due to custom code, please have your Database Administrator validate the SQL changes for syntax and configuration management/change control documentation."

So the support was not really hefpful. It is not my custom code but Symantec's code. I did run the query but no idea whether it was correct or not. I need to enable Vietnamese for Office 365.

ALTER procedure [dbo].[spPMCore_GetPatchCultureOptionLCID]

@cultureGuids varchar(max) = null

as

begin

select c.Locales from

Inv_Patch_Culture_Option c

join fnGuidStrToUniqueGuidTab ( @cultureGuids) s on c._ResourceGuid = s.ui

union select '042A'

END

Can someone confirm it is correct, please ?

Thanks

Tomasz