Deployment and Imaging Group

View Only
  • 1.  Access Denied to most commands in console

Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:36 AM

Hi,

today I came across an issue i've never seen before, I applied a configuration to a machine... logged out of the server. today when i logon to the server and open the console I have no access to many of the basic tasks? eg If I refresh Clients, i get 

Access Denied: User does not have right to refresh clients.

manu of the other tasks are not greyed out? I'm running RU7. 

Any ideas as to that might be going on... I have checked and I have access to the sql server... the dsn seems correct.. i've rebooted the server and restarted most services but no joy

• 2.  RE: Access Denied to most commands in console

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:51 PM

Hey Tigger62,

Have you looked at the Security within the Console itself?  It can be found at the Top menu under Tools > Security.  It might be that someone else that has admin access to the console has restricted your abilities based on group membership or explicitly.  If you are logging in as a domain account, try logging in with a local administrator account if you can to see if the issue persists.  It may be working as designed based on the access you have been provisioned within the console.  Let me know, if this happens to solve your issue, kindly mark it as the solution. Thanks :)

• 3.  RE: Access Denied to most commands in console

Posted Aug 14, 2018 03:30 AM

Hi Joel,

yes i did! there was no change. I tried local admin as well... one thing that i did see was that multiple machines had not the same name even though I did change then in configure earlier in the week. those machines were booted with PXE and kept the original name! 

in the end I deleted the database and restored it from backup! this appears to have fixed the issue! I don't really understand it. I've only started having probelms with RU7! 

thanks for your reply

• 4.  RE: Access Denied to most commands in console

Posted Aug 15, 2018 01:01 PM

Hey Tigger62,

Great! glad you got it resolved...would you mind marking your answer as the solution to this problem for the benefit of future readers.  Thanks :)