Deployment and Imaging Group

View Only
  • 1.  Task Server Clients

Posted Oct 04, 2019 03:01 PM

Is there a way to better control or manually control which task servers my clients will report to? My scenario:

I have 39 site servers at each of my remote sites, four sites setup to divide the 39 site servers. Each remote site has approx 30 computers. I have noticed that not all of the approx 30 computers will report to their local site server. The computer will report to another site server within the same site. If I understand this correctly, this happens because the local site server is busy and the computer will automatically go to the next site server within the site that is least busy? Is there a way to dictate over that rule if possible?

• 2.  RE: Task Server Clients

Posted Oct 04, 2019 03:28 PM
    I don't think so. But it's best practice to go lite on task services. I'd uninstall task services on all but one site server per site. Task servers can handle thousands of clients.

• 3.  RE: Task Server Clients
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 03:53 PM

Indeed it is possible to do what you'd like.

• Create a target (preferably a dynamic target) for the computers that you would like to report to a specifc site server
    • In Site Management expand the site server that you'd like to have specific clients
    • Add the target to the "Manually Assigned Agents"