Deployment and Imaging Group

View Only
  • 1.  Mind Maps for IT Management Suite

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2017 03:18 AM

In IT Management Suite 8.1, we introduced a new approach of representing the user guide information.

For the main IT Management Suite features, we have created Mind Maps to visually organize the information about them. Each Mind Map contains information about requirements to start with, steps to perform the tasks, best practices, and troubleshooting information.  Added diagrams and screenshots explain more complex concepts and steps. In addition to the information in the user guides, the Mind Maps also refer to the most useful knowledge base articles and other online resources.

We expect the maps to help the new users to get a quick overview of the feature and for the experienced users to speed up locating the required piece of information.

Take a look at the short walk-through video that explains how to use the Mind Maps:

[connect_embed_youtube:LIYbFoJMxVE]

Please continue sharing your feedback about this new approach and request use cases to cover with Mind Maps! 

• 2.  RE: Mind Maps for IT Management Suite

Posted May 09, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi Triinu.

These mind maps are excelent!!  Very usefull for everybody.

As suggestion I think a good mind maps is to patch management. Metadata configuration, download and deploy.

Regards,

• 3.  RE: Mind Maps for IT Management Suite

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2017 08:34 AM

Thank you Fernando for your feedback!

The Patch map was on its way, but I didn't want to list it before it was available. Now it is published at DOC9706!

• 4.  RE: Mind Maps for IT Management Suite

Posted May 12, 2017 09:14 AM

Congratulations!!!

Great job, it's very easy to understand.

Regards,

• 5.  RE: Mind Maps for IT Management Suite

Posted May 30, 2017 09:11 AM

Congrats on the new format!

From my perspective, this is golden!

Instead of reading and searching through everything, this is one of the more valuable guides for customers/partners as well as SYmantec employees.

If possible, please expand this to the other areas of ITMS

Thanks!

Bart

ps: I have send this page to the customers in the Benelux user group, I'm guessing they will love it too