Secure One Services Group

View Only
  • 1.  ProxySG | Implement Exceptions page

Posted Aug 01, 2018 03:02 AM

Dear All

I would like to implement Exceptions page but i would like to understand in format <<--2a5eabca.5ba0b--

Can i modify this format? if i can modify please recommend how to create format and insert number into format

because i have problem about Exception page when implement to download PAC file from Proxy

i'm not sure this problem concern about format or not

My Customer would like to download PAC when access following URL for PAC file and have download popup as same as picture as below

but some formate when access URL PAC file it not have download popup it just show only text page as same as picture as below

Please recommend if i would like to download PAC file popup  same above how to revised  exception .

Best Regards,

Chakuttha R.

• 2.  RE: ProxySG | Implement Exceptions page
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2018 07:37 AM

Hi Chakuttha,

In the second case, the browser is attempting it to open as text for user. Either way, it will work fine as a PAC file. If you would like the file to be presented as download-able, you may want to change the content type in response. Ref: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH241646.html for similar setup.

• 3.  RE: ProxySG | Implement Exceptions page

Posted Aug 03, 2018 02:34 AM

Dear Aravind,

Thank you so much for your help.

but i have more question about format number. Can i create by my self ?

• 4.  RE: ProxySG | Implement Exceptions page

Posted Aug 03, 2018 02:47 AM

Hi Chakuttha,

This number is a EOF marker t o tell the proxy about the end of the format entered. You can change it to any string but remember to keep it same at the end of the same format string. Normally this don't need editing.

• 5.  RE: ProxySG | Implement Exceptions page

Posted Aug 04, 2018 01:41 PM

Hi Aravind,

Thank you so much. I will try to do it.