Philadelphia Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Posted Feb 01, 2011 06:03 PM

I'm the Deployment Solution Product Manager and we're currently looking at development of a tool to migrate jobs/tasks from DS 6.9 to DS 7.x. What we are asking for are sample "bin" file exports of real customer DS 6.9 jobs and tasks so that we can evaluate what the migration utility will need to account for and make it as complete as possible. 

If you are willing to share, please create an export of your jobs/tasks folder in DS 6.9 and send me the resultant, zipped up, bin file. Please include your current DS version (6.9 SP?) in an email with your exported bin file and send it to me in a zip format. My email is at the end of this comment. I would also like jobs that are simple, or complicated, and contain as much variety as you use (image jobs, conditional jobs, run scripts in all forms, etc.) in your daily management from DS.

We will not use the sample jobs/tasks for anything other than testing our job/task migration utility.

Thanks in advance. 

Rick Gines

rick_gines@symantec.com

• 2.  RE: Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Posted Feb 02, 2011 08:22 AM

Hi Rick - I'm sending a file your way.  Thanks for the offer to help out.

James

• 3.  RE: Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Posted Feb 03, 2011 04:28 AM

Hey Rick

You should have received a file i have sent you.

Kind Regards
    Morten Leth

• 4.  RE: Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Posted Feb 08, 2011 04:58 AM

I am sorry i cannot help much on the export jobs from DS6.x, but i was wondering about the different options inside the Workflow Solution 7.

I am kinda new to Workflow Solution 7 but started to check around the different possibility and what i found out was that there was an option to connect to the DS and get all the jobs and some information about them.

I don't know if that could help for your migration tool.

Regards,

Cédric

• 5.  RE: Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Posted Feb 09, 2011 11:08 PM

Hi Rick, 

Just sent our .bin your way.  

Thanks,

Ethan

• 6.  RE: Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 11, 2011 04:19 AM

Another bin file also on its way!

• 7.  RE: Looking for Real-World Jobs/Tasks...

Posted Feb 11, 2011 08:23 AM

On its way.