Philadelphia Security User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

HighTower

HighTowerJul 27, 2015 01:19 PM

HighTower

HighTowerJul 27, 2015 01:52 PM

HighTower

HighTowerJul 30, 2015 11:22 AM

• 1.  Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 12:34 PM

Under the import patch data for windows, under Adobe, it was possible to select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

In remediation center, the latest update isn't there (but it is avail for download from Adobe here )

I put a ticket in asking about it and was told by support that Shavlik isn't supporting it and I had to put in a feature request to get it with Shavlik & my ticket was archived.

Hoping to get some attention, if you have intentions of supporting DC and want to patch it, can you follow this link in the Shavlik forums and request they support it?

This seems like a pretty big omission because DC is presented as the default download at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ - and adobe security updates shouldn't be ignored.

Also, it seems strange for me to go to Shavlik directly as a Symantec customer.  I would think Symantec should be requesting something like this at least in addition to my request.

• 2.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 23, 2015 02:46 PM

I have forwarded this thread to product development and they've submitted an official request to Shavlik to add Adobe Reader DC to the supported products.

• 3.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Posted Jul 23, 2015 03:32 PM

This enhancement request has been documented in INFO2742

Please subscribe to this article to receive notification of the provided support for this Adobe Reader DC product.

• 4.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 23, 2015 06:12 PM

Thanks Josh and HighTower!  Fingers crossed.  Strange decision by Shavlik...

• 5.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:48 AM

@Joshua - what do you make of this Shavlik thread that seems to imply Shavlik is now supporting DC for it's customers (see the latest posts)?

https://community.shavlik.com/thread/448140

• 6.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:02 PM

I just did a new Vendors and Software import and Adobe Reader DC is in there now.AdobeDC.JPG

• 7.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:39 PM

HighTower - it's always been there for me but the latest update wasn't available to push.

• 8.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 01:02 PM

Ah.  I just read your other thread.  I'm doing an import now to see if it works yet.

• 9.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 01:19 PM
      |   view attached

It's there now.

• 10.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 01:35 PM

Nope.  That was April.  They had a release recently.  What you're seeing is what I've seen all along.

• 11.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 01:52 PM

I'll just go sit in the corner now :)

• 12.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 02:24 PM

appreciate you trying to help.  Strangely I was seeing the April release under remediation center last week, but I'm not now.  Hoping there's a PMImport coming to correct it all.

• 13.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 29, 2015 10:56 AM

Here's what I got this morning from Symantec Product Management:

Support for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15 was added on April 14.  Support for Adobe Acrobat DC 15 was added yesterday following my request to Shavlik.  Please note that there are not separate products for the Standard and Pro editions of these products, due to the fact that they use the same binaries.

• 14.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2015 11:33 AM

Received notification from Development and confirmed supported versions of Patch Management Solution; Adobe Acrobat DC is now supported.

I updated INFO2742 with the process to update the Vendors and Software list and this new product will be available for deployment.

• 15.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 30, 2015 07:16 AM

Love the quick response - thanks to Joshua and the team!

• 16.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 30, 2015 11:15 AM

I've tried to re-download / restage APSB15-15 several times without luck.  Hightower or anyone else able to do it?  Keeps failing to download the DC stuff on me.

• 17.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Posted Jul 30, 2015 11:20 AM

If you pull the URL from error in the SMP Log Viewer and put that in a browser; do you see it downloads the file or throws an error accessing?

If it errors; that will show permissions could be the issue, but if it downloads, that could show a network device is causing the problem and running a WireShark trace could help find the IP of that device (router, cache server etc.) and then you can review with the Network Security Team to clear that file download.

• 18.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 30, 2015 11:22 AM

I can download it successfully.

• 19.  RE: Patch doesn't support Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 30, 2015 12:16 PM

Sorry it was my isusue - web filter was getting in the way, never had that with patch before.  Sorry to waste your time!