ITMS Administrator Group

View Only
  • 1.  Computer Asset Merge in Hierarchy (Managed by changed to Parent NS)

Posted Jul 03, 2018 08:00 AM

Hi,

I have set up a process where I create a computer Asset (on Parent NS) before I install the Altiris Agent which is connected to the Child NS.

The Agent connects corretly and reports to Child NS. The replication rule replicates the correct data UP to the Parent NS and after Iventory Asset Sync rule and Merge rule the Asset and the Computer are merged to one Item.

However what happens is that from the point the computers are merged the "Computer" states as Managed by: Parent NS.

It seems like this "fixed" again when the differential hierarchy rule is sendind up the computer data again.

My question is which "data-classes" do I need to send to get this updated without having to run a "differential" rule?

Thanks

Stefan

• 2.  RE: Computer Asset Merge in Hierarchy (Managed by changed to Parent NS)
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 17, 2018 06:05 AM

I managed to troubleshoot this together with support. The problem arised to due latest changes in code with RU3 and later. See also my comments here:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/changes-81-ru3-and-later-hierarchy-replication

So to solve the issue I had to "translate" the Standalone Replication Rules to Hierarchy Replication Rules instead. And that seemed to solve my question / problem.

Stefan