Symantec Encryption Product Community

View Only

SEEMS "Recover" button greyed - can't extract DAT file to decrypt unbootable drive (SEE v11.0)

• 1.  SEEMS "Recover" button greyed - can't extract DAT file to decrypt unbootable drive (SEE v11.0)

Posted Sep 14, 2020 02:10 PM
    Hi guys,
    I wonder if you could help me out. I have an old installation of Symantec Endpoint Encryption (v 11.0). One of the encrypted client machines is not bootable and I'm trying to recover the machine using "recover /B" option (see procedure link below ).

Unfortunately the "Recover" button is greyed out which means I can't extract the DAT file to recover the encryption key. Any thoughts or ideas on how to extract the DAT file would be very welcome.

Thanks!!!
    Colin

How to use Recover /B to decrypt hard-disk.
    Broadcom remove preview
    How to use Recover /B to decrypt hard-disk.
    The following steps must be performed in sequence: 1. Recover /A 2. Full Disk Access Utility 3. Hard Disk Consistency Check 4. Recover /D 5. Recover /B Best Practices for Data Recovery using Symantec Endpoint Encryption - Full Disk www.symantec.com/docs/TECH134766 If all previous steps failed mentioned in Best Practice, it may mean that a very important cryptographic key cannot be found.
    View this on Broadcom >