Symantec Encryption Product Community

View Only
  • 1.  Welcome PGP Users

Posted Jan 14, 2011 01:42 PM

Welcome to the PGP Universal Server Forum. This is where the PGP community can interact and share ideas and best practices. This will replace the existing PGP Forum at forum.pgp.com.

• 2.  RE: Welcome PGP Users

Posted Feb 23, 2011 05:59 PM

I have pgp on my computer at work to encrypt pdf's to send out to clients.  so far I have never gotten it to work correctly.  The clients are unable to open the attachments.  My company said they do not need to purchase software to unencrypt the items sent to them.  is this true?  if so where do they go to get the download?  This has to be easier than it appears.  What are the steps to encrypting and what are the steps the clients need to take to open the encrypted documents?

Thanks,

Kristy

• 3.  RE: Welcome PGP Users

Posted Feb 23, 2011 06:55 PM

Kristy,

Users will need PGP installed to read PGP encrypted material.  That is, unless they are receiving a message via Web Messenger or PDF Messenger.  Depending on how the mail policy is set up by a PGP Universal Server administrator they may have it set up to use this service when sending a secure message to external users. 

If there is a secure message policy that enables PDF Messenger try sending the message with a subject header [PGP].  You can also try select the pgp encrypt button when sending the message.

You can find addional information on how PDF Messenger works from the PGP Universal Server admin guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3598.  If PDF Messenger is set up correctly the encrypted PDF Messenger message should be encrypted to the recipients Web Messenger passphrase.

Regards,

Mike A.

PGP Technical Support

Symantec Corporation

• 4.  RE: Welcome PGP Users

Posted Mar 08, 2011 12:34 PM

I have an end-user that sends emails to clients and found that she needed to review an encrypted email that she had already sent.  She went to her sent folder, selected the email that was sent but could not open and read her own encrypted email.  What could be the issue here?  She was told by other clients that they could open an encrypted sent email, but she can't on her own account, (using Outlook 2007).

Thanks,

Al

• 5.  RE: Welcome PGP Users

Posted Mar 08, 2011 12:38 PM

She should encrypt to the recipient AND to the sender's key. I know there's an option in the PGP universal server mail policies, so there's probably an option in PGP Desktop too?

• 6.  RE: Welcome PGP Users

Posted Mar 08, 2011 01:19 PM

The easy way is to add one's public key to the Master Key list in PGP Options.  This will result in all encryption also being encrypted to one's own public key. 

• 7.  RE: Welcome PGP Users

Posted Oct 28, 2020 04:21 PM
    Hi,

We have perpetual license for PGP Commandline application version 10.2.1.54. Migrating our OS from AIX to Linux and would require Linux installer for PGPCommandLine-10.2.1.54. Could you please guide me on how to get this installer for our application.

Existing installer we have for AIX: PGPCommandLine-10.2.1.54--aix5.3.ppc.rpm

Best Regards
    Thiru