Symantec Encryption Product Community

View Only
  • 1.  uninstall SCSP

Posted Apr 30, 2012 05:03 AM

hey guys...i am trying to uninstall SCSP agent from XP machine from add/remove programms , its showing 2 options "rarly " and "used" but 

there is no option for remove .Is there any procedure ..please help

• 2.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2012 07:52 AM

you can manually remove the agent using this step

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH115158

• 3.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Posted Apr 30, 2012 10:45 AM

I have tryed ..but its showing access denied .first i removed that prevention policy from agent then i tryed but still same ....its nt allowing me to delete any symantec folder.

• 4.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2012 12:16 PM

the IPS policy must be still active. Can you try removing in the safe mode?

• 5.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Posted Apr 30, 2012 04:12 PM

@pratik: I think Prevention policy is still active. If not, then go to services.msc, stop SCSP services and then try to remove SCSP agent

• 6.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Posted May 04, 2012 08:32 AM

Yes ..its showing IPS policy is still enable .but i have disabled it , and i have tryed one command from safe mode but it showing command not found.

Even its not allowing me to change the registry files after disabled the prevention policy ..

• 7.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2012 08:52 AM

what command did you use?

• 8.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Posted May 11, 2012 07:00 AM

Please use resetpolicy or toggleIPSstate commands as described here:
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-use-agent-configuration-tool

This would allow you to either apply NULL IPS policy or even disable IPS module.

Then, try to uninstall SCSP Agent from Add/Remove Programs.

• 9.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Posted Jun 05, 2012 02:14 PM

Hi Pratik,

Even if you disable IPS, following the configuration of the policy, the Self Protection of SCSP might be enabled and that would explain why you cannot remove the agent and also why the agent does not appear in Add/Remove.

Best regards,

Shulk

• 10.  RE: uninstall SCSP

Posted Jun 05, 2012 02:14 PM

Hi Pratik,

Even if you disable IPS, following the configuration of the policy, the Self Protection of SCSP might be enabled and that would explain why you cannot remove the agent and also why the agent does not appear in Add/Remove programs.

Best regards,

Shulk