Asset Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Posted Jan 25, 2019 04:23 AM

Hi All ,

We want to Purge only 1 table that is taking too much space Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

It's taking more than 90% of the total Database size .

we want to this from Application end & not from Database side ..

Plz suggest how to do this

• 2.  RE: Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2019 05:45 AM

Hi shiv choudhary!

I've already posted steps, how to do this from SMP Console. Please check link below.

I see that you are using SMP 8.0.x version, so please check "Task Scheduler Library" on your Notification Server and find there "NS.SQL defragmentation schedule.{cdcd50e9-1c42-402b-921c-8ad6c9ff0d34}" scheduled task. This task will perform indexes deframentation of all available SQL tables in "Symantec_CMDB" database.

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:46 AM

shiv choudhary , "Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change" sql table is purged or you still have current problem with it?

• 4.  RE: Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Posted Feb 15, 2019 02:48 AM

We are able to purge this table now . 

but after truncating the table from DB end .

Although nothing got impacted as the Table NS_Security_Descriptor_change  just consist of logs only.

• 5.  RE: Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Posted Feb 15, 2019 03:07 AM

Thanks Igor Perevozchikov for the reply .

U r doing great job , really appreciate ur effort .

• 6.  RE: Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Posted Mar 27, 2019 04:37 AM

Hi Igor , 

NS Security descriptor change table  data is increasing is very rapidly in the database . Also our tool is working very slow . 

When i observe the data in the NS Security descriptor change table I only able to understand that in the TrusteeName it's showing all of my 700 roles with their PermissionName .

I wanted to know that what exactly does this table contain ?

FYI - we have made 700 roles in our environment as we want to give role based permission to diiferent locations client &
    In Altiris Asset Management  we can't tagged more than one location to a role .

Also what's happening that from the customized role Manage > computer page is not opening instantly & it's taking too much time to open the same . 

We have also enabled Tarce , verbose & have finded all such permission where this role does not have & provided the same . But unfortunately not able to resolve this isssue . 

Also we are not able to create a new role in our environment getting error while creating Plz check log for details . So , If you have any doc on role creation kindly provide us the same . 

• 7.  RE: Purge maintenance of particular table Evt_NS_Security_Descriptor_Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2019 06:36 AM

Hi shiv choudhary!

1. How did you get 700 Roles in database and how many accounts you have then in database? SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Inv_Account_Details

2. "NS Security descriptor change" SQL table populates records when there are import/save/re-save of Items, Resources, etc. Its just Event table.

This can happen when you are importing something using AD import, or data connector import rules or network discovery and only replications.

• You have Hierarchy or this is a stand-alone Server? Any stand-alone replications there to your NS server from any other stand-alone NS Server?
    • Or any scheduled Import tasks like "Active Directory Import" rules, "Network Discovery" scheduled tasks with repeat?

3. Could you please collect NS logs from C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SMP\Logs and send to me via private message. Also good to get Altiris Profiler data (Just open Altiris Profiler on NS machine for a few minutes when you trying to open Console page and it loads very slow, then stop profiling -> File -> export buffer.

Thanks,

IP.