Asset Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris 7.5 and Asset Management licencing

Posted Jun 23, 2015 06:57 AM

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me.

We where at the EMEA event recently and had our licencing entitlement for Asset Management Solution explained to us. We're entitled to a 3 concurrent user licence to the product as an Altiris customer and the required number of node licences for entitlement.

We're having great difficult getting a licence.txt file generated to enable our usage of the product.

We are able to install it on our SMP server as a trial but the Installation Manager wants a licence.txt file to go from the limit 30 day trial to the proper licence.

When I have contacted customer support over the phone or through MySymantec, no one seems to know what I am talking about. We have been sent licence files for products we already have, a licence file for a product we don’t have and can’t use... etc

We just want to know where to get the licence .txt file for Asset Management Solution 7.5 SP1 so we can use it properly within Altiris.

Thanks in advance for any help someone can offer.

• 2.  RE: Altiris 7.5 and Asset Management licencing

Posted Jun 23, 2015 09:59 AM

Have you checked the license portal to see if it has been added there? 

Have you received an email containing the order number associated with that license? 

• 3.  RE: Altiris 7.5 and Asset Management licencing

Posted Jun 23, 2015 10:57 AM

To expand on SK's comment, if you have access to your Licensing Portal on MySymantec, you should be able to generate your own license.txt by choosing the product and selecting Generate License. 

If you don't see it there and you have not received a Registration code for your order, you need to go back to the sales rep with whom you worked to get it expedited.  The other option is to contact someone in the Licensing department who can generate the code for you.

I hope this helps a bit.  Good luck.

• 4.  RE: Altiris 7.5 and Asset Management licencing

Posted Jun 23, 2015 11:13 AM

Hi, thanks for the replies. You have confirmed what I thought might be the case, and feared.

The portal has been of no use in this case as we have no product serial number for Asset Management to register with.

We bought Altiris some time ago, and had a 3rd party do our setup and installation. 5 years on, we are only now finding out what parts they failed to install correctly and in the case of Asset Management, not at all. They told us it was an extra we hadnt paid for, but we've learned thats not the case.

Hopefully someone somewhere has our serial number for the Asset Management suite compontent and we can get hold of it and register with the portal to generate the licence file.

Tracking down that "someone" is proving extreamly difficult. I had hoped someone on the Symantec side could help us but customer support has drawn a blank and told us to go to our sales partners.

• 5.  RE: Altiris 7.5 and Asset Management licencing

Posted Sep 04, 2015 10:05 AM

You should have a Symantec Sales rep assigned to your account.  If you contact Symantec Sales, they should be able to point you in the right direction.  For some reason there seems to be a big disconnect between Symantec Technical Support and Symantec Licensing Support, so for licensing issues, I would recommend trying to pursue the issue via the sales team.