Asset Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Asset User location

Posted Jan 29, 2014 12:42 PM

Hi

In Asset Management Solution 7.1 Can we get below reports

1) Before assigning any ASSET to  user how many user has use that asset previously

2) Current location of User and fixed location of user

• 2.  RE: Asset User location

Posted Jan 30, 2014 07:51 AM

The vAssetResource view seems to hold this information, and the following query associates the assets name with that views data:

SELECT i.Name AS Asset,o.[User Name] AS [Owner],o.[Ownership Percentage]
      FROM vItem i  
      JOIN vAssetUserOwner o ON o._AssetGuid = i.[Guid]

The AssetAssociationChangingHistory table may also help you.

You can only assign one location to a user, so you could use that as their fixed location, and then use their current IP Address to work out where they currently are.  Associating subnets with locations will help here.

• 3.  RE: Asset User location

Posted Feb 04, 2014 03:45 AM

Hi SK

Thats fine but I am looking for something different

Like asset moving history

E.g XYZ hostname desktop was assign to User A in Jan after that it is assign to User B after that it is assign to User C. So basically one asset is how many times it is assign to different user and there department and location all these track of asset or asset moving history report we are looking.

Secondaly if there are associated asset with one desktop/laptop like with desktop with associated Printer, Scanner, Headset, etc. There is no any report of Asset that associated with User in default report.

Can we created that type of report because it is high level requirement of customer end.

• 4.  RE: Asset User location

Posted Feb 04, 2014 02:55 PM

What data did my query return and what data does the AssetAssociationChangingHistory table hold when run against your fully populated asset database?

• 5.  RE: Asset User location

Posted Feb 04, 2014 11:45 PM

Hi SK

Query result just showing percentage of ownership.

• 6.  RE: Asset User location

Posted Feb 05, 2014 01:45 PM

What about the AssetAssociationChangingHistory table?

Can you provide the query results and that tables contents from a database that contains assets that have had multiple owners?

• 7.  RE: Asset User location

Posted Feb 05, 2014 01:49 PM

This may also help:-  "Saving resource data history in the CMDB" at http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO62644