San Francisco Bay Area Data Loss Prevention User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec DLP RHEL Enforce server WebDav Sharepoint mounting for Indexing

Posted Dec 06, 2012 12:21 PM

I've been trying to figure out how to mount a 2010 Sharepoint WebDAV share for indexing. There is documentation that shows how to do it on a Windows Enforce server, but not RHEL. UNC mounting does not work, even though it does using both UNC or http:// on a windows system. The documentation for windows mentiones the webclient service being enabled. On RHEL I have been trying davfs2. I get as far as a message stating that NTLM authentication is ignored. From all the googling I've done people have been having this issue for a while. I do see that people have gotten it to work, but I suspect they are going to a resource that doesn't require NTLM auth.

If anyone has gotten this to work I would appreciate a How-To...

• 2.  RE: Symantec DLP RHEL Enforce server WebDav Sharepoint mounting for Indexing

Posted Feb 16, 2013 09:40 AM
      |   view attached

Hi New,

With Symantec Data Loss Prevention version 11.1 and later, you can index documents stored on a remote SharePoint 2007 or 2010 server using WebDAV. Once you have enabled WebDAV for SharePoint, you can use the "Remote SMB Share" option available during IDM index configuration to index the remote documents.

Refer to the attached document Remote IDM indexing of SharePoint documents using WebDAV for details on implementing this feature.

• 3.  RE: Symantec DLP RHEL Enforce server WebDav Sharepoint mounting for Indexing
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2013 01:57 PM

Hello, this is actually not possible on RHEL. DLP depends on windows services to mount webdav. There is a DAV2FS library, but it doesn't understand NTLM. We ended up migrating our server to windows and all is working fine. Symantec should include this gap in their documentation. It can help organizations select the OS they want to load the Enforce Server on.