San Francisco Bay Area Data Loss Prevention User Group

View Only

Feedback on Remediation workflow needed

• 1.  Feedback on Remediation workflow needed

Posted Jul 23, 2010 06:03 PM
    In the past, I've discussed with many of you the notion of a data owner driven remediation workflow.  This capability would aggregate Data At-Rest incidents by Data Owner, send a notification and provide a response portal for the Data Owner to provide feedback to the DLP team indicating responses such as “authorized for quarantine”, “false positive”, and/or a method to specify a delegate or other responsible party.  It is fairly rudimentary, but provides a mechanism to enable fan-out remediation at some level. 

We are at a juncture where we have some prototype built and want to vet out some design decisions if you have the time and/or desire to provide input.  I was hoping to conduct sessions online via webex next week during the following timeslots:

ALL Times are PST

Tuesday (7/27) @ 12pm
    Wednesday (7/28) @ 11am or 12pm
    Friday (7/30) @ 12pm

If you’re interested, please email me (harold_byun@symantec.com) and let me know what time would work for you and we’ll add you to the invite.  If needed, we could also walk through some of the design considerations via email or could also do a dedicated one-off session, but am hoping to keep that to a minimum.  Hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    Harold