Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Disk Space - Growth report (NS7)

• 1.  Disk Space - Growth report (NS7)

Posted Oct 18, 2010 04:52 AM

Hi,

Do we have something in the Altiris tool set which allows us to see 'where' our disk space was used up?

I'm aware of Disk Usage by File Extentions report, and we are currently using Monitor Solution to alert us when our File Server has breached its threshold, however this is no good to us unless we can see which directories or files suddenly consumed the available space.

I suppose something like TreeSizePro is along the lines of what we looking for or a report which we could adjust to say between this date and time, certain amount of space was used and this is where those files are located....

....or should i add this to my Christmas 'wish-list'?

How are you guys managing this? And if not with Altiris then with what software?

Regards

• 2.  RE: Disk Space - Growth report (NS7)

Posted Oct 18, 2010 03:40 PM

...anyone?

• 3.  RE: Disk Space - Growth report (NS7)

Posted Oct 19, 2010 08:47 AM

Power Shell Task to collect Top 10 Largest Files, to be used via Inventory Task:

Create a Task Called Largest 10 Files using an Inventory Power Shell Script.

@echo off
    Powershell -noexit "Get-PSdrive  | where { $_.Used -gt 0 } | foreach { Get-ChildItem $_.Root -recurse -force  -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Select Name,DirectoryName, @{Label='Size';Expression={($_.Length/1GB).ToString('F04')}} | Sort Size -descending | select -first 10}"