Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
  • 1.  script shell monitoring in altiris

Posted Apr 16, 2012 10:22 AM

hi !!

I'm a beginner user in altiris server management suite. I use  altiris to monitor server but i have problems. In altiris I don't know how to monitor the execution of a shell script store in my linux servers ? can you help me please ?? thanks

• 2.  RE: script shell monitoring in altiris

Posted Apr 20, 2012 08:26 AM
    Hello Stack34, Not sure how you are running the Shell scripts, my suggestions would be to have them centralised and initiated via the SMP console via a custom task which you can then monitor the results of the task via a central report. You could also add some auditing to the script that it will write to a file and monitor will monitor the output in the file. Just some ideas.

• 3.  RE: script shell monitoring in altiris

Posted Apr 20, 2012 11:29 AM

thanks Joseph_carson for your reply. I simply execute the shell scripts in my linux server. I think your first idea can be good but I'm not sure it's possible to monitor the result of a custom task in Monitor solution. How is it possible ?

• 4.  RE: script shell monitoring in altiris

Posted Jun 02, 2012 12:15 PM

Good Evenning

Need to help

I have running a script such as helth check vbscript,But whare showing the status the helth checking.

This Vbscript

Set objComputer = GetObject("WinNT://computername,computer")
    objComputer.Filter = Array("Service")

strServiceName = "blaablaa"

For Each aService In objComputer
    If LCase(strServiceName) = LCase(aService.Name) Then
    Wscript.Echo aService.Name & "=" & aService.Status
    End If
    Next

Please let me me know where show the report.

Thanks

Shiva Yadav

• 5.  RE: script shell monitoring in altiris

Posted Jun 04, 2012 01:01 AM

Hi Shivc,

I'm not 100% sure if I understand correctly.

Using Monitor solution you need to collect a metric to be able to report on it, if you were to run a script and report back the results you were be running this out side the scope of the monitoring solutions as custom Inventory will be able to save the results in the database.

You can try the following:

Step 1: Create a new monitoring policy(Agent base)

Step 2: Create a new metric collect rule in the policy to collect each service you need to check, set the poliing and collect interville.

Step 3: Apply the newly created policy to the target filter you need to monitor.

Step 4: Update agent settings on the monitor server and the target servers

Step 5: In the Monitor console launch the performance viewer of the one of the targeted resources and see that the new policy is aplied and the data is being collected.

Step 6: Set up custom report on the new data being collected.

please let me know if this answers your question, or with any more help.

Kind Regards,

Rufus Swart. 

• 6.  RE: script shell monitoring in altiris

Posted Aug 17, 2012 07:17 AM

Thanks Joseph :)

I need some  help.

I  have  requirement, i want check my oracle datbase is available or not  from my application server.

for this requirement i wrote a shell script in my  application(informatica) server and inside the shell script  i am calling the  oracle sql script.

i am calling the script from AWF designer by using plink , i am  getting   an error invalid command sql.

but i am  executing the same script from  application  server its running successfully.

is this any limitation with  AWf or else i need to  install any add ons.

Thanks in advance for you  help :)

Thanks

Reddy