Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
  • 1.  Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Jul 10, 2009 10:13 AM
    Hello All,

After reviewing the current Monitor Packs submitted during June we have decided to extend the submission date for Monitor 7 Packs to August 31st and as a result of this change we are going to double the reward points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize reward points for the best Monitor Packs. 

Packs will be evaluated on Number of Rules, if it is a Pack listed below, Votes Given, Comments and Downloads.

Monitor Packs which we are looking for are the following:
    • SharePoint
    • Exchange
    • Oracle
    • HP
    • Lotus Notes
    • My SQL
    • BSER
    • Enterprise Vault
    • EMC
    • NetApp
    Joseph Carson

• 2.  RE: Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Apr 05, 2011 08:33 AM

What does it mean Monitor Pack ?

• 3.  RE: Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Apr 05, 2011 11:34 AM

http://us.norton.com/security_response/glossary/define.jsp?letter=m&word=monitor-pack

• 4.  RE: Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Apr 06, 2011 01:40 AM

Would you kindly elaborate what is this actually ?

• 5.  RE: Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Apr 06, 2011 08:52 AM

Hello Zahid,

Monitor Solution is part of Server Management Suite.  A Monitor Pack is a set of predefined Metrics, Rules, Alerts and Policies that monitor the health of an application, service or device.

This reward above was related to the Monitor Community below which this award has already been awarded and received.  We announced the winers on the Monitor Community.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/groups/monitor-pack-factor-challenge-altiris-server-management-suite-70

Monitor Packs will still receive points for being submitted.  I am considering bringing back a similar awards in this thread in the near future.

I hope this helps with your question.

Kind Regards,

• 6.  RE: Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Apr 06, 2011 09:26 AM

Thanks Joseph for your kind reply..

monitor the health of an application

Which sort of application ? Do you prefer me any guide to know more about the Monitor Solution ?

• 7.  RE: Monitor Pack Reward Points Doubled (1st Prize will get 3000 Points)

Posted Apr 06, 2011 10:41 AM

Hi Zahid,

On the link above you will find tons of information including Video's, How To and Best Practices along with many existing Monitor Packs.  Let me know if you find the information helpful.

Kind Regards,