South Africa Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Exception policy not been updated when adding app to be blocked- even through console says ok

• 1.  Exception policy not been updated when adding app to be blocked- even through console says ok

Posted Jul 02, 2015 07:33 AM

Just recently noticed that while I am able to add an exception to policy manually, delete an entry to an exception policy , I am unable to add an app to be blocked via the risk and sonar logs - even though when adding to the policy it states that it was successful. Yet, when I check the policy that I updated
    it has not registered, nor has the change appear below (recent changes). Sometimes I am able to do so , once or twice but then trying again thereafter still same issue.

Any ideas? Running SEP12Ru4a.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Exception policy not been updated when adding app to be blocked- even through console says ok

Posted Jul 02, 2015 08:37 AM

Are you getting an error?

• 3.  RE: Exception policy not been updated when adding app to be blocked- even through console says ok
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2015 01:37 AM

No error - but I think when I added a manual exception entry (folder exception) that was too long it sort of broke the policy. I imported a backup policy without the exception and replaced the current policy without
    adding in the manual entry. Thereafter it worked. Somehow it didnt like the entry .....