EMEA Endpoint Management and Mobility Group (EMM)

View Only
  • 1.  Migrate a ServiceDesk 7.5 Microsoft SQL database

Posted Jan 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Hi all,

I have servicedesk 7.5 databases in SQL 2012 and i need to change it to a new SQL 2012 server.

Can i take this steps:

1. On the ServiceDesk server, close Workflow Manager and Process Manager Portal if they are open.
    2. Make a full database backup.
    3. Restore the backup copy to a new SQL server including the database permissions. 
      Note: ServiceDesk 7.1 is designed to be used with SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (32 or 64-bit).
    4. On ServiceDesk server go to Start All Programs Symantec Workflow Designer >Workflow Manager, switch to SymQ Configuration tab
    5. Go to SymQ_Local_Defaults local.orm Edit, modify Sql Connection String with a proper SQL server name, click OK and then Save to save the changes.
    6. Again under SymQ_Local_Defaults find local.workflowsqlexchange-, click Edit and change SQL server name in the SQL Connection String to the proper one, click OK and then Save to save the changes.
    7. While still in SymQ Configuration tab go to Workflow_Core, locatelocal.workflowsqlexchange-, click Edit and change SQL server name in the SQL Connection String to the proper one again, click OK and then Save to save the changes.
    8.  Open command window and run the command 
      <SD install Drive>:\Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\Tools\lbutil.exe  –updatepmconnection –connectionstring <connectionstring> -webconfig <web.config path>
      (Connection string can be copied from SymQ Configuration SymQ_Local_Defaults >local.workflowsqlexchange- settings.)
      9. Run iisreset command
      10. Go to Services and restart Symantec Workflow Server.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO65815

In version 7.1 this was the process to do it.

Thanks for the help

• 2.  RE: Migrate a ServiceDesk 7.5 Microsoft SQL database

Posted Jan 23, 2014 09:29 AM

I've never moved my 7.5 database to another SQL server but I would assume the process would be similar to the 7.1 SP2 process outlined in that article since 7.5 came out after SP2.  It's hard to say but I would contact Symantec Tech Support to find out for sure.

• 3.  RE: Migrate a ServiceDesk 7.5 Microsoft SQL database

Posted Jan 23, 2014 10:41 AM

The easiest thing to do is just run the installer and change the server.