United Kingdom Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris Infrastructure Monitoring

Posted May 06, 2015 02:34 AM

Hello all,

Back in the 6.x days, I believe that Monitor Solution was free until you purchased an actual monitor pack, unless it was the Altiris Infrastructure Pack. 

I know that 6.x is fully EOL, but is this still the same situation?

Also, is Monitor Solution 7.1, 7.5 & 7.6 free until you use a monitor pack, and if so, if one uses the Altiris Infractrusture Pack for these versions, does the product still remain free? 

Would it be possible to utilise 7.x agentless monitoring to monitor a 6.x infrastructure?

Thanks in adavnce, SK. 

• 2.  RE: Altiris Infrastructure Monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2015 06:37 AM

Hi SK,

1. MS 7.x is still free if you don't have installed "Monitor Packs 7.x".
    2. Without "Monitor Packs 7.x" installed you will not be able to create any metric/rule/monitor policy, otherwise monitoring will doesn't work.
    3. I didn't try to import "Altiris Infrastucture" monitor pack into MS 7.x version and can't say whether it will work or not.
    4. List of default monitor packs 7.6 release:
    5. MS_Packs_76.jpg
    6. You can always create some custom agent-less WQL/SNMP/PING/HTTP metrics to get required data from remote agent-less server. As example there is such custom WMI agentless monitor pack for 7.5/7.6 https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/itms-76-agentless-wmi-performance-metrics-pack  Also there is another list of different monitor packs in Hugo's blog https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/consolidated-list-user-community-monitor-packs

There is no "Aggregation" functionality in 7.1 SP2 MP1.1 but it is available starting from 7.5 releases, so Rule conditions should be the same in 7.1 SP2 MP1.1 as it was in 6.x versions = Otherwise imported "Altiris Infrastructure" monitor pack in 7.1 SP2 Mp1.1.x should have correct rule conditions. etc.

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Altiris Infrastructure Monitoring

Posted May 07, 2015 08:45 AM

Thanks Igor.