United Kingdom Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Two factor authentication

Posted Jun 26, 2015 09:33 AM

Does the SMP support two factor authentication, as this will make internet facing servers more secure? 

• 2.  RE: Two factor authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2015 07:43 AM

Hi Scott,

You can try to use direct URL for 1st auth to see Logon page and after that user should choose credentials type and specify required credentials for 2th auth to have an access to SMP Console.

Use this URL:

• https://  NS Address /Altiris/Console/Logon.aspx

There you will see this page:

LogonPage.jpg

Example is taken from SMP 7.6 HF1 release

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Two factor authentication

Posted Jul 01, 2015 10:19 AM

Hello Igor,

This is still 1 factor, as there is only one logon action.  Two factor is usually what the logon page offers now plus the requirement for a pin number to be added to your password. 

SK

• 4.  RE: Two factor authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2015 02:13 AM

Maybe I didn't explain correctly.

#1 If you will use http(s):// NS Address /Altiris/Console/Logon.aspx URL, then you will need to specify credentials to access to this page (This will be 1st auth - you still doesn't have access to SMP Console), after that you will need to choose your credentials type and specify your credentials to have an access to SMP Console (This will be 2nd auth).

#2 NS is using windows account (local or domain users) and seems like you need to have their passwords to work with PIN as well.

NS doesn't have such functionality to enable a pin generator per account to have an access to SMP Console within appropriate time range.

I can say that I have never tried such case, from #2

Regards,

IP.

• 5.  RE: Two factor authentication

Posted Jul 14, 2015 04:15 AM

Thanks Igor.  Can you please discuss this with the SMP PM and have them create an Accept360 entry, as it would be great if the SMP can work with the password+PIN combination. 

SK