Endpoint Management User Group (Osterreich, Schweiz, Deutschland)

View Only
  • 1.  Push and Pull fails for Windows 7

Posted Apr 03, 2014 07:56 AM

Hello all,

I am having trouble with installing the 7.5 HF4 SMA onto a Windows 7 machine.

The SMP is in a domain and running HTTPS.

The Windows 7 machine is in a workgroup, has its firewalls disabled, sharing wizard disabled, and has the SSL cert installed into its trusted root.

The Windows 7 machine can successfully UNC to the SMP; however, the SMP cannot UNC to the Windows 7 machine as it always gets accessed denied.

Push fails because of this.

The Pull fails too; however, I dont see why as my use is a local admin.  The AltirisAgentInstSvc.exe *32 gets loaded but doesnt do anything, altough I have configured the SMA install settings.

Has anyone else run into this annoying situation, as last time I had to join the machine to the domain in order to get it to work; however, I dont want to do that this time as I need to demonstarte DS 7.5's domain join action via a system configuration job.

I have not tried manually running AeXNSC.exe yet, as I would rather get the push and pull fixed.

• 2.  RE: Push and Pull fails for Windows 7
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2014 03:43 AM

OK, I have fixed this issue myself.

I had to enable the builtin administrator account (disabled by default as install always asks for your own user name), and then I reset its password.

This allowed me to UNC to the Win/ box using .\administrator (which ranslated to smpname\administrator) allowing local account access.

Another method would have been to create a local user account on the SMP that also existed on the Win7 machine, so as not to mess around with the Win7's local admin account.