Mac Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  NetBoot Kernel Panic

Posted Dec 03, 2013 02:10 PM

Greetings,

So I followed the instructions to create and upload a NetBoot Image to Deployment 7.5. Now I keep getting Kernel Panics whenever I try NetBooting. It doesn't matter if I send "Boot to Automation" task or holding the N key while starting. The Panic also happens on the same machine it was used to create the NetBoot Image. Anyone else is having that issue? Or Am I missing something in the process of crating the NetBoot Image?

Many thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: NetBoot Kernel Panic

Posted Dec 03, 2013 11:12 PM

Can you please post your MAC OSX version and hardware details?

Also please let us know exactly how you created NetBoot Image?

means using temp volume or another non booted volume on same machine. Was your upload successful?

• 3.  RE: NetBoot Kernel Panic

Posted Dec 04, 2013 09:33 AM

Hi omishra,

Here're the details:

Hardware: MBP 2.6 GHz i7 with 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.

I used the MOCUApp to capture the NetBoot image. I used the booted volume on that machine. The upload was successful.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: NetBoot Kernel Panic

Posted Dec 18, 2013 12:49 AM
    Thank you for the details. Just a note here, please make sure that you are booting the same type of machine from which you have created NetBoot Image. NetBoot images are very much coupled with hardware type unless you have applied combo update before creating NetBoot image. So if you are creating NetBoot image of iMac 12,1 then make sure it used to boot same type of hardware i.e. iMac 12,1 Thank you, Anil