Mac Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Java Error in Symantec Management Console

Posted Apr 04, 2016 08:08 AM

Hello

We using symantec ITMS 7.6 and we frequently facing java error while accessing symantec management console.

Currently we have Java 8 update 77 installed. After restoring all IE setting still facing the same error.

Java Error2_1.JPG

• 2.  RE: Java Error in Symantec Management Console

Posted Apr 04, 2016 09:29 AM

Check you IE Tools setting and see if Active X filtering is checked. Also, please go into your IE Settings under the security tab > Custom Level - Verify that the User Authentication is set to "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone -ON" is chosen.

• 3.  RE: Java Error in Symantec Management Console

Posted Apr 04, 2016 11:27 AM

I've had consistent success with an older version of Java; 7u51 is the build I use.

• 4.  RE: Java Error in Symantec Management Console

Posted Apr 04, 2016 01:38 PM

I have not seen this problem.  We always update to the latest JRE and it works in both Win 7 and Win 10 running IE11.   I've not updated to 8u77 yet but I'm currently using 8u71 without issue.   Note:  we install the 32-bit version of JRE even on a 64-bit OS because the browser runs in 32-bit mode.  We also run the console in IE8 doc mode (compatibility view).  

You may want to try adding the URL for your SMP console to the exception site list on the security tab in your Java control panel applet to see if java is blocking use of a JAR due to a security issue like certificate issue.  

• 5.  RE: Java Error in Symantec Management Console

Posted Apr 04, 2016 03:34 PM

Helo Vikas1101, You may want to increase your access right to admin priviledge, as I have similiar case like you and it solve my problem. I hope this help. /Cheers

• 6.  RE: Java Error in Symantec Management Console

Posted Apr 05, 2016 06:12 AM

Hi JoeVan

Yes I done the same thing.. I installed  32-bit version of JRE even on a 64-bit OS because the browser runs in 32-bit mode.

We directly working on server while accessing MSTSC/CONSOLE.

And its working very smooth.