Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 07, 2018 04:39 AM

I have a very weired scenario which are stated below

1. Prevent mode does not trigger for HTTPS protocol whenver I upload any files.

2. Prevent mode does not trigger when printing word & excel docs. Only triggers for PDF files.

Please let me know if this is an known issue. There is creating a lot of gap in the DLP.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi Sumit,

I'm assuming you're talking about Endpoint Prevent?

Have you selected the  HTTPS channels in the Agent configuration? (system -- agents -- Agent configuration select your configuration (default potentially) and then under Web?

1. Do you have policies that are monitoring for those actions? 

2. What browser are you using to upload?

4. Has your monitoring filters been modified in the Agent Configuration?

5. Are both document types hitting the same printer? What version of office is it?

Thanks,

Kev

• 3.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 08, 2018 02:20 AM

Hi Kevin,

Below are answers to your questions.

1. Do you have policies that are monitoring for those actions? : Yes, my policies says to monitor all the protocols.

2. What browser are you using to upload?: I am using Mozilla Firefox, ver 58.

4. Has your monitoring filters been modified in the Agent Configuration?: Yes

5. Are both document types hitting the same printer? What version of office is it?: Yes, its hitting the same printer. office ver is 2016.

Cuurently the DLP version what we have is 14.5

Thanks

• 4.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 08, 2018 03:54 AM

Hi Sumit,

Have you checked this:

Have you selected the  HTTPS channels in the Agent configuration? (system -- agents -- Agent configuration select your configuration (default potentially) and then under Web?

• 5.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 08, 2018 07:36 AM

Yes, all is checked.

• 6.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:46 AM

So can I just check that the Office Documents have the trigger words for the Policies in, the same as the PDF?

• 7.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Feb 09, 2018 04:45 AM

I have not put any keywords, I have selected just printer.

I wanted to monitor all the prints.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: DLP Prevent 14.5 Issue with Print & HTTPS

Posted Aug 08, 2018 02:33 AM

I've not so much knowledge about the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) issue but I have some unexpected issue in a printer that may be because of DLP issue. My printer DPI setting automatically decreases whenever I attempt to print documents through a Microsoft. Then I take help from HP printer Support Phone Number