Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Sayand Kezhakkedath

Sayand KezhakkedathApr 11, 2017 07:51 AM

• 1.  Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 07:25 AM

While logging to SEPM server (12.1 RU6 MP5) we are getting unexpected error. Home, Reporting and Monitor tabs show blank screen on Management console.

We have tried re-configuring the Mangement server.

Also tried upgrading the managment server to version 12.1 ru6 MP7, no go.Pls help..

• 2.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 10:55 AM

Run the SymDiag tool on the SEPM for additional error checking.

Are you getting any errors in the scm-server-0.log file?

• 3.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 12:05 PM
    Go to services and select symantec endpoint protection manager service and open properties and login tab, select login as local account Do same for symantec endpoint protection webserver service

• 4.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 12:13 PM
    Also see if this works for you The following settings must be enabled when using Internet Explorer 7 / Internet Explorer 8: 1. Under Miscellaneous: Submit non-encrypted form data 2. Under Scripting: Active Scripting 3. Under Scripting: Allow status bar updates via script Please ensure that you restart the IIS Admin service after performing these changes.  Click on Start > Run >  Type "iisreset" without the quotes and click OK. Login to the SEPM and you shall see that the Home, Monitor and Reports tabs show all the data properly

• 5.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 12:20 PM

could be a problem with IE, check these two

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GNYEQ3rEmK8J:https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH103832.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in

Home, Monitors and Reports tabs in the SEPM are blank. Able to reach SEPM Reporting through Internet Explorer

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH156875.html

• 6.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:58 PM
    Because I am not as experienced as you - 3years and 35 weeks. I recently came across symantec endpoint.

• 7.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:10 PM
    Yes, i knew that. But the way you corrected me, looked like u were speaking with experience. But then i came across your other posts, you are just there to criticize others not help anyone. I have Atleast few solutions marked by users. :)

• 8.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:19 PM
    Yes they absolutely are important for me. It reminds me that i am learning something every day rather than wasting time by correcting others arrogantly. If you know something, that will always be grt sharing with others. You can rather correct people politely. Be calm, Bro!

• 9.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:29 PM

Wow, @Best There Is_Best There Was_Best There Ever Will Be do you know how to stop SEP without disabling Tamper protection with SEP 14?

• 10.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:35 PM

Lol as I said earlier  you are the best man, lol atleast you could have come with an answer,

How to stop SEP without disabling Tamper protection with SEP 14?

• 11.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 07:20 AM

LOL...Checked your profile @Best......whatever.. Funny to know someone has dedicated his life to the community just to point out others. But yes some characters like you are required in this community to make people get rid of their boredom. AND yes Please do reply to the question asked by rafeeq. AND yes "You Kno Nothing!!!" 

• 12.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 07:34 AM

Good to know you know how to turn on a PC. Open a Browser. Navigate to Symantec Community and reply to the forums with a Piece of Pie in one hand and Turn off the PC by  just putting off the Power button. Hats Off!!

• 13.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 07:46 AM

"which is more than we can say for u, u continue to make a fool"..... "we"???? Kindly Justify!!!! 

• 14.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 07:51 AM

Let it be doesnt make sense replying you. Bye.. 

• 15.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 07:53 AM

Sorry @ Mujahid Pasha I too am searching for a solution for this.

• 16.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 08:06 AM

@ Mujahid Pasha Please check the credentials that you have entered while configuring the SEPM.

If you have authenticated the Database with windows authentication, you might need to change it to SQL authentication with 'sa' credentials.

As i have faced the same issue after Disaster Recovery, Hence changed the authentication from windows to Sql.  

• 17.  RE: Unexpected Error while Logging into SEPM Server(12.1 RU6 MP5)

Posted Apr 11, 2017 01:52 PM
    He faced his own KARMA. looks like he got blocked...