Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Anti Virus Updation

• 1.  Anti Virus Updation

Posted Jun 09, 2011 12:14 AM

Hi,

we are having totally 2000+ systems but in symantec manager it is showing only 1400+ clinets..what about the others..how i can get the details of others?

• 2.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2011 06:13 AM

Hi,

You will have to use unmanaged detector feature in SEPM.

Best Practices: When to use the "Find Unmanaged Computers" or "Unmanaged Detector" features in Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104340

Unmanaged computers will tell you the computers on which SEP is not installed. 

Unknown computers mean it can be printer, scanner etc.

• 3.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Posted Jun 09, 2011 07:58 AM

Will check and let you know..

• 4.  RE: Anti Virus Updation
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 09, 2011 11:20 AM

Hello,

Did you Search the Clients with the "Search client" Feature?

There is another Method.

You can run a Computer Status report and export the results of the report.

Open the report with Excel and remove all fields except for the Computer Names.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-export-virus-definition-and-client-information-excel-format

You would be left with the Computer Names.

Check the machines which have not seen in the List.

Check 1 machines which is not in the List and check if SEP is installed on the same.

Once, you knwo that the machine is not carrying SEP, then you can assume these machines have not been installed with SEP.

Incase, if  you see that the machine is Installed with SEP, then check where are they reporting to ?

This will be much more easier.

• 5.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Posted Jun 10, 2011 01:14 AM

Hi,

i tried as you told and i found two systems in one vlan segment after i installed syamntec it came in the console..thanks for your information

• 6.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Posted Jun 10, 2011 01:27 AM

Hi,

What is the difference between unmanaged and unknown computers in find unmanaged computer section..in that which one i need to install clients..

If i install the client how much time it will take to replicate in manager console..

can you explain???

• 7.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2011 04:11 AM

Hi,

Unmanaged Computers - Computers on which SEP is not installed, you will have to install SEP on Unmanaged computers

Unknown Computers -  This list is ideally about scanner, printers etc, you will have to validate that.

Once you installed SEP on client, after successful installation on next heartbeat interval it will communicate with SEPM & reflect in SEPM

• 8.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Posted Jun 21, 2011 06:57 AM

Hi,

Now iam getting some pcs in the list.. i will check for other systems and will update u..

• 9.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Posted Jun 28, 2011 05:42 AM

Hi,

While in Searching the Unmanaged computers the console will get disconnected. I need to monitor continously? Is their anyway to get report?

• 10.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2011 05:55 AM

you can schedule the report, you get an email at scheduled time to know about unmanaged computers.

• 11.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

• 12.  RE: Anti Virus Updation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2011 06:01 AM

Hi,

Create a report, monitors logs, computer status this give the list of machines which are installed.

Setting notifications when using the "Unmanaged Detector" feature in the SEPM, check the following link

http://bit.ly/jMsQlg