Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Mar 05, 2018 05:05 AM

Hi Team,

Is there a way in any of the DLP version that I can monitor bluetooth data transfer?

I need to solution in any way if I can do so.

Thanks

Sumit

• 2.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:21 PM
    Hello, None of the DLP solution will monitor the Bluetooth data transfer. May be look for some MDM solution which can do connectivity monitoring. Hope this helps!

• 3.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:22 PM
    Hello, None of the DLP solution will monitor the Bluetooth data transfer. May be look for some MDM solution which can do connectivity monitoring. Hope this helps!

• 4.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 02:10 AM

Please be aware the posts from "windows 10 help guide" is scam and please do not click on the hyperlink!

• 5.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Mar 22, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi Sumit,

you can monitor bluetooth transfer by using application monitor on Endpoint level.

• 6.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Mar 27, 2018 08:41 AM

i second Kalpesh's response. We have successfully detected bluetooth data transfers from laptops running the Endpoint agent v14.6. You must configure the policy and the agent configuration to monitor applications and have bluetooth listed in the list of applications being monitored.

• 7.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Jul 02, 2018 08:00 AM

How to create a policy to only monitor Bluetooth data transfer.

Currently i have enabled Applciation File Access and bluetooth is part of it. But it is detecting other applications as well. 

Thanks

Sumit

• 8.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Jul 02, 2018 05:15 PM

Hi Sumit 

Please navigate to System > Agents > Application monitoring and remove the application file access from the other applications except the bluetooth application 

Thanks 

Fady

• 9.  RE: Bluetooth Monitoring Using DLP

Posted Jul 03, 2018 01:45 AM

Thanks Fady,

I did that and in my incident report I see application's which are not even part of my application monitoring.

Wondering from where is that been detected.

Thanks

Sumit