Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  deleting post

Posted Mar 07, 2012 12:22 AM

Hi All,

Is there any way to delete the comment which we have posted on our own posts or on others post??

• 2.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 07, 2012 01:02 AM

Yes, you can delete own post - you will find a Delete option at the bottom of your own post:

If you want to delete a thread that you have started, go to Account -> My Workspace.

Please think twice before deleting an entire thread - it gets very confusing to users trying to help you when the entire thread 'disappears'.

• 3.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 07, 2012 02:09 AM

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for your reply, but in all of my posts i am not getting option to delete my post.

Please check below screenshot.

• 4.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 07, 2012 02:42 AM

...you can ask a TA or an Admin to do this for you. Just supply the link...

• 5.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 07, 2012 05:17 AM

I believe that you should see an 'edit' as well as 'delete' button for your own posts when you are logged in.

I find it weird that you don't. We as TA's have a couple more options, so unless I create a dummy user I cannot really test it. But I do remember that before I became a TA that I could at least edit or delete my own posts.

Maybe one of the Admins can confirm this for us? Or maybe you can PM your Community Manager?

• 6.  RE: deleting post
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2012 09:36 AM

Hi Avkash,

You do not have permissions to delete posts. Please provide the URL to the post(s) you want deleted, and I will take care of it for you.

Best,
    Thomas

• 7.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 07, 2012 10:57 AM

Users do have permission to delete top-level posts but responses to a post (comments) are another story.

Users do not have permission to delete comments because of their threaded nature -- deleting a comment from the middle of a discussion thread can really mess up a conversation =)

Trusted Advisors and Community Managers have permission to determine if a comment that's embedded in a thread is key to a conversation and can be deleted.

• 8.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 08, 2012 11:57 PM

Thank you all for your replies.

Thanx Thomas, i'll PM you the links if i wanted to delete any post.

• 9.  RE: deleting post

Posted Mar 17, 2012 03:35 PM

Dear Connect Team,

I would suggest that the owner gets delete access to the content posted by him because if he has inadvertently posted something which is business want to remove forthwith, he has to wait for a while till a TA gets an opportunity to see the message.