UK CA APM User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Introduction

Posted Dec 23, 2015 11:14 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just a post to introduce myself to the community after recently taking ownership of president of the CA APM User Group. So a little bit about me, my name is Andrew Longmuir and I am currently working in my perfect role at William Hill blending both Enterprise Management and Capacity disciplines heading up the Capacity and Monitoring team. My background is very much Enterprise Management, it's all I have done my entire working life for over 18 years in contracting and consulting roles. During this time I have scoped, designed and implemented monitoring solutions throughout blue chip companies in the UK and Europe, many of which required bespoke solutions and were critically acclaimed in national computing press using various enterprise class tool sets. So, very much technical and hands on, which is what I still love to do.

I’m passionate about monitoring and I'm on a personal crusade to make monitoring cool again, which it always has been to me but seems to have lost its way in recent years. I think its a great time to be involved in the monitoring space and with the current evolution of applications, DevOps and automation technologies, monitoring solutions can act as the glue and single source of truth across many of these modern initiatives and bind these together.

I look forward to meeting you all soon, understanding how you are deploying monitoring solutions and also sharing with you some of the cool stuff we are doing at William Hill. Hopefully, we can look to get together twice a year and tie this in with major point releases of APM. I'd like the meetings to be both honest and open (the good and bad) which I can then represent on behalf of the community at the Customer Advisory Board of which I am also an invited member.

For now I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year and I'll be in touch with respect to the next scheduled event.

Regards,

Andy