NetOps Customer Validation (aka IM Pre Release) 1

View Only

mapping a scalar to a table

• 1.  mapping a scalar to a table

Posted Mar 25, 2014 08:09 PM

In a vendor certification, is it possible to take a single scalar OID and add it to every table row.

Scenario: 

We are a big (well massive) Domino environment and getting some critical stats out of the Notes MIB is important.  Some of the stats i want are in scalar branches with the domino host name and domain in another scalar branch.  Extracting the vendor cert from multiple scalar branches I can handle as have done it before with the help of CA

My problem is some critical stats don't have their own brach (Lotus and later IBM being lazy).  Instead they just created a MIB table consisting of an Index and String where String is "statName = value".  Note a particular stat doesn't necessarily under the same index number inbetween servers.

My solution was going to be create a metric family labelled Domino stats and a vendor cert which simply pulls the rows from the all stats table into this metric family, in a smilar way to interfaces.  I would probably filter the expression group to only include a subset of the stats.  Obviously I would need to split the string into name and value.

My Metric family would be something like :  Index, Name, StatValue, DominoHostName.

The question I have is : " Is it possible to read a scalar from another snmp branch and add that to each row I pull in from the table?"  This would be the DominoHostName.  Note the DominoHostName is not the same as the Server Host Name.  This is critical as the domino team don't care what the server name is, they talk in Domino names.