Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

What's New

• Welcome to the New Fibre Channel Networking Community

Brocade Fibre Channel switches deliver industry-leading performance that shatters bottlenecks and simplifies scale-out network architectures.  Ask Questions, Find Technical Documentation about  Fibre Channel Networking

Latest Discussions

• @Steve Green Can you exactly explain what kind of attributes you're setting in BNA and where ​you do this?    The only way of setting some kind of custom attributes on a port level directly on a switch using REST is the "portname" of the switchports ...

• @Jordan G You better go and disable the ​ fabric.ops.mode.longDistance:1 !    This mode is obsolete since quiet some years.  The only purpose is for backward or 3rd party compatibility. All the long distance configurations can be done on a port level ...

Unanswered Threads

• Not sure where it changes, but in 8.2.1c I am unable to do a configupload to my external SFTP server with my username formatted "domain\username".  It errors out saying  "Special Character found in User Name". This works fine in 7.4.1d I will work through ...

Upcoming Events

Latest Blog Posts

• In the previous article, I talked about the historical contexts in which iSCSI and FCoE—in 2002 and 2008 respectively—tried to replace Fibre Channel as the storage networking protocol of choice in the datacenter. In this post, I will address the latest ...

2 people recommend this.
  • With the Advent of HCI, SDS, NVMe, NVMe-oF and SCM, is Fibre Channel Dead (Again) Among this TLA Salad? You better believe it isn’t Fibre Channel is a resilient technology. No, no, I don’t mean in the sense that you’re thinking. Sure, it is resilient ...

6 people recommend this.

Upcoming Events