Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

OCE11102-[NX/NT/NM] deciphering

• 1.  OCE11102-[NX/NT/NM] deciphering

Posted 29 days ago
    To whom it may concern,
    Hello, I'm Larry Liotta and doing some poking around to try and go 10Gb/s in my home. I do apologize if I am posting in the wrong spot, my google fu and broadcom fu couldn't decipher the last bit\where to go to ask this question.  I'm reviewing OCE11102-NX and came across elx_cb_all_oce11102_f_qlogic_qle8242.pdf and http://www.moderntech.com.hk/sites/default/files/whitepaper/Emulex%2010GbE%20NIC%20Competitive%20Cross%20Reference%20Guide.pdf If you could spare a little time to help me clarify or decipher some of it, it would be appreciated. NX = DAC, NM = optical, and NT=RJ45?? I can find NX's for sale, and NM's for sale but they look the same, I presume that's due to the SFP+ standard. So the big question is do i just need to be concerned with the SFP+ standard and the -[xx] just denoted what the card originally came with? Additionally i was trying to find support matrix's of SFP trancievers or DAC's for said cards so that i'm not scratching my head wondering why it doesn't connect for a strange reason.

Near term goal, 10Gb/s connection between my NAS and main computer, long term goal, utilizing 30ft cat6 run to another room at 10Gb/s. Thank you for your time.

-Larry Jr.

• 2.  RE: OCE11102-[NX/NT/NM] deciphering

Posted 29 days ago
    ​​@lawrence liotta

I believe you are here in wrong Forum

this Forum is related solely to Brocade Fibre Channel Switches

------------------------------
    TechHelp24
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: OCE11102-[NX/NT/NM] deciphering

Posted 29 days ago
    I was afraid of that, was the only community that sounded/looked like networking ironicly enough.  Thankyou for your time.
    Larry jr.